What's your occupation?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I am Retired Civil Service and a Vietnam Vet. Just turned 60 on April-9-2013. Did 6 years U.S. ARMY 1971-1977 lots of odds and end Jobs, then worked 24 years Civil service at, Kirtland AFB in Alb. N.M. and Altus AFB in Altus Oklahoma. Worked mostly in Supply/ Warehousing at Kirtland, and mostly as a CTK Tool room worker at Altus AFB. Retired after 30 years Civil Service at age 58.

I am Retired Civil Service and a Vietnam Vet. Just turned 60 on April-9-2013. Did 6 years U.S. ARMY 1971-1977 lots of odds and end Jobs, then worked 24 years Civil service at, Kirtland AFB in Alb. N.M. and Altus AFB in Altus Oklahoma. Worked mostly in Supply/ Warehousing at Kirtland, and mostly as a CTK Tool room worker at Altus AFB. Retired after 30 years Civil Service at age 58.

Thank you sur for your service!

G'Day Guys - I'm new to the site but by way of introduction, I'm an Aussie, more importantly a Tasmanian. For you Americans if you Google Tasmania you'll see it's a small island that hangs off the bottom of Australia. We're pretty proud of our place and I live on Mount Wellington which looks over the capital city of Tasmania called Hobart. Our township is called Fern Tree and it's 10 minutes from the centre of the city. Funny isn't it, we call it a city but there's only about 200,000 people here so to you guys it's probably just a town. There's only about 500,000 people in the whole of the state. The other thing that might happen while I post is that some of the wording and terminology may appear strange and unknown to you, don't worry, just accept it and if you're not sure just ask me and I'll explain what it means. We Aussie's have a weird way of talking sometimes and our descriptions of things might never have been heard of over there..

I sell motor vehicles at a local Ford dealership called Tilford Auto Group and we sell apart from Fords, Honda, Peugeot, Land Rover, Jaguar, Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge, so you can see that in the last three makes, there's that faint bond even this far away from America.

Aussie's are famous for their barbecues but I've branched out a bit further and built from scratch an outdoor pizza oven. I'm currently in the throws of building a smoker from a discarded dumpling steamer. Yeh I know I'm supposed to show pictures and I will, soon, I just thought I'd get on and say a few words about myself.

Ooroo for now,

Smiff

did 6 years in the US Air Force as a jet engine mechanic, got out and put in 4 years in the middle east with boeing international as a jet engine maintenance instructor, 2 more years in the middle east doing this countrys dirty work..lol...and then came back stateside now working 4 years as a civil service jet engine mechanic. FIX.... FLY..... FIGHT!!!.....WIN!!
yahoo.gif
sausage.gif

started out brick tender age 10 then mason .made units for shoe stores .framer .landscaper . remolding. siddind cement work floors and stuff . plastering . cabinet maker and installer . made custom builtins  oh plowing business and any thing else I could do to support the family but love to cook and play my guitars . I am now disabled due to back and hip my job now is raising 2 10 year old boys and an 11 year old girl new to smoking just ruined my first rack of ribs think toooooooo much smoke don't know but they tasted like you know....can you put to much smoke????

I am retired. The first time I retired was in December 1990 after 23 years in the Marine Corps. The second time I retired was at age 67 having served as a Chief Information Officer for Healthcare and Financial Corporations. I like being retired. I should have retired when I graduated high school. Why do they save youth for the young when the old scoundrels know better what to do with that youth?

Reactions: reloadmike78
I manage a transportation finance portfolio for a mult-state, multiple location heavy and medium duty truck dealership group. I've been at it for 35 years now with the same company and am beginning to think about retiring one of these years. Brewing beer and smoking are my relaxation techniques....they fit nicely together.

Three years (almost) in the Marines, got out in 72, bounced around a bit, worked whatever would pay me money, went to school on the GI Bill and landed a job in Law Enforcement.  Never intended to do that but it just worked out that way.  Did 30 years at that and retired about 10 years ago.  Work harder now than ever.  Not complaining a bit!!!!

I work for the Air Force as an Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician.  Probably one of the best jobs out there.  Number 1 on the most dangerous jobs list.  Been doing it for 4 years now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lowesdadof3
Locomotive Engineer for BNSF 35 years with 5 years to retirement. Finally got a smoker and loving it. Can't wait to get good at it. A big Husker fan.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky