What size is your favorite butt?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SIZE BUTT?

• 6 POUNDS OR SMALLER

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7 POUNDS

• 8 POUNDS

• 9 POUNDS OR LARGER

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My wife said that I like hers and I can't look at that picture any more...
icon_redface.gif

I like to do 7-8 pounders for family use-but then when I'm smoking butts for a family gathering I have 3 or 4 of them going. They smoke up quicker that going with a couple of huge butts. I saw one last week that was close to 12 lbs.!! Too big for family use-now if I was catering for a larger group than the family, I'd probably use one that big.

I like the larger bone in butts., I am not too worried about how long they take vs a smaller butt, long smokes is what makes bbq great.

Just my opinion, but the picture posted upthread of that attrative young lady is kind of inappropriate for SMF imho. This is a family site(bbq is about family in my world), my 3 y.o. daughter likes to look at the site because she likes the pig logo, and some folks avatars, I wouldnt want her to see this thread and that pic. Now I like pretty girls as much as the next guy, I just dont think a picture like that belongs here. Just my opinion, so go ahead and flame away at me.
PDT_Armataz_01_06.gif

for sure, Im no prude, I just think there is a time and a place.

its all good.

plenty of wholesome threads my daughter can look over my shoulder at. I have to say gain she really likes the pig with the offset smoker logo alot.

Okay....dont' take this the wrong way 'cause I am not giving you my normal hard time about it..........but.....um.......it ain't a Weber. The only reason I am bringing this up is because my B-day is next week & I am getting the 22.5 Smoker & the 22.5 Kettle! Woo - Hoo!!! Next Friday can't get here quick enough!!!!!!!!!
icon_mrgreen.gif
icon_mrgreen.gif

Usually if i'm going to fire up the smoker i have the time to smoke . So i allways go for bigger. might as well get maximum meat in the freezer for my time.

So what kind of wood would you use to smoke it?
Hard Wood..... of course!
icon12.gif

Let's keep this topic clean please, this is a family oriented forum after all. If needs be, I will delete the picture and those replies that are not appropriate to the original intent of this thread or SMF. If the crude behavior continues, this thread will be locked down and/or deleted.

I buy the cryo-vac 2 pack and they are about 12lb to 14lbs so about 6 to 7 lb. each..I smoke both and Have some to vac pack and some to share with some a neighbor shut-ins ( she dont drive and live alone...shop and pick up meds and Dr visits) sorta like my own extended family, ...She likes the smoke meat and I like to listen to the old stories,,

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky