What are your top favorite bands?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 18, 2007
West Fargo, ND / Northern MN
Well we have all kinds of different posts so I thought this post would be pretty interesting. What are your favorite bands?
Please name your top two and what other bands are your favorite.
1. Rush
2. Dave Mathews Band (DMB)
Tied for 1 & 2 The Eagles
Chicago
Steve Miller Band
Anything country
Too many more to name!

#1 UFO With Michael Schenker
#2 Ted Nugent
I love Rock And Roll Period, old school stuff. I had the pleasure of working and meeting just about all over a 20 year period as a sound engineer, now I'm a old smokey.
biggrin.gif
Great post, makes me have flashbacks.

#1) Stevie Ray Vaughan
#2) Led Zepplin

Other than that, I have a wide variety of stuff I like, depending on my mood...

Ted Nugent is an favorite
old Kiss
AC/DC
Toby Keith
Dwight Yokum
Eric Clapton
The Police
really any blues, classic rock, bluegrass or country, and I can get into it!

Styx, foreigner, Johnny Cash, Metalica, The San Francisco
Symphony Orchestra, too many to name all, but I'd say that's the top few, off the top of my head.

zep and black uhuru

sabath
marley & wailers
floyd
steel pulse

I have almost 2000 songs on my iPod - I am a serious Parrot head and Black Eyed Peas fan - everything else is the 60's but I also love Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood
What a whack job I am

Nice - Love how ya changed the wording to reflect my real thoughts LOL

I'm old school but here goes:

1. Grateful Dead
2. Talking Heads
Their album "Stop Making Sense" = best live recording EVER! IMHO
others
Drive by Truckers, Stevie Ray, Eric Clapton, Delbert McClinton, Pink Floyd, Allison Kraus, Buffet, Hank Williams 3rd: just a couple of albums, but great attitude and lyrics. Parental Warning though. Many others. Blues grabs me lately.

I am a 90's child so my taste reflects that these bands may seem new but remember Nevermind was released 20 years ago...

1. Weezer <--geek rock at its best
2. Pearl Jam
3. Alice in Chains
4. Dave Mathews
5. anything Clapton from the Yardbirds to now.

also have been on a blues kick latley especialy when cooking.

1) Grateful Dead
2) Widespread Panic
3) North Mississpi All Stars
4) Allman Brothers

Tough one here, I've got too many to pick a top one or two, but here's the top ones in no order

Johnny Cash
Dwight Yoakam
Marty Stuart
Ricky Skaggs
BR549
Ernest Tubb
Lefty Frizzel
Chuck Mead
Old Crow Medicine Show
Cadillac Sky
Lyle Lovett

Led Zepplin
anyone else listened to Them Crooked Vultures? John Paul Jones with Dave Grohl from Nirvana and Josh Homme from Queens of the Stone Age. They are prett awesome.
alos love some old blues stuff, BB King, Jr Wells, Buddy Guy

oh how about the new one from Johnny Cash, Aint No Grave!! wow that is a good song, kinda got chills when i heard it on the radio for the first time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky