Western Bacon Cheeseburger Fatty with Mega Q-View!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

teeznuts

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
Central Cali
I’m not big on fast food but I have a weakness for the Western Bacon Cheeseburger served at Carls Jr. I believe Hardees in the Midwest serves it also. The burger is served with bbq sauce, cheese, bacon and onion rings and it is known for oozing messiness. Carls Jr uses hot women in their commercials for their messy burgers. I have included a couple pics for those unfamiliar with the Western Bacon.

For my fatty I used 2 lbs of ground beef flattened out and seasoned with lawrys. I spread a layer of bbq sauce, velveeta for the ooze factor, BBB from my recent smoke, onion rings and shredded cheddar. Seasoned the outside with lawrys and into the MES at 225 til it reached 160. It was delicious and as you can see by the velveeta creeping out the thermometer hole, the ooze factor is present. Enjoy the view!

2 Carls Jr ads

31157d8d_westernbacon.jpg
98ac6142_wb.jpg

678ff452_IMGP2454.jpg
dea0eba3_IMGP2456.jpg
283fecb9_IMGP2457.jpg
68767c35_IMGP2459.jpg
7517639b_IMGP2460.jpg
1794d750_IMGP2464.jpg
c5a95ce4_IMGP2465.jpg
ef98a88e_IMGP2469.jpg
cd81164e_IMGP2474.jpg
9b58053b_IMGP2473.jpg

Last edited:
Is it technically a fatty if the bacon is on the inside?   Great looking grub and you did a great job putting it together.

Looks Awesome Teez!!!!

I'l take 2 Fatty sammies.

Be careful you don't drip any on your wrist, or any other place. You might have to get that young lady to help clean up!!!

Bear

teez  that is a nice looking fattie i think i just drooled can you send your assistant over for a cleanup

Thanks everyone!

Is it technically a fatty if the bacon is on the inside?   Great looking grub and you did a great job putting it together.
For me it's just personal preference not to do the bacon wrap. IMHO I get less smoke penetration in the meat with the bacon on the outside.

Looks Awesome Teez!!!!

I'l take 2 Fatty sammies.

Be careful you don't drip any on your wrist, or any other place. You might have to get that young lady to help clean up!!!

Bear
Looks like she knows what she's doing.
icon_biggrin.gif

For me it's just personal preference not to do the bacon wrap. IMHO I get less smoke penetration in the meat with the bacon on the outside.
Exactly!!!  I thought about leaving spaces between the Bacon slices to allow smoke to get through to the meat, but your way is better---Put the Bacon inside & don't block ANY smoke !!!  Like the man in the commercial says, "Brilliant!"

Looks like she knows what she's doing.
icon_biggrin.gif

I agree on this too!

Bear

I tried a couple fatties with bacon "semi" wraps where it almost looked like a checker board leaving gaps for the smoke. IMHO the fatty came out looking goofy colored from the gaps and just wasn't as much to my liking as when the bacon is on the inside.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky