Well it started

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rodneylenton

Original poster
Dec 16, 2007
Wel group the shoulder is in, rain has stopped so that is good.
now just waiting for it to get to 100 to start spayingit with the apple juice and Cpt. Morgans
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif

I will check in with you all later
here is the shoulder ready to go

Rodney

Rodney:

It looks good already! You are going to be in for a fun night. I'll check in with you later this morning I'm getting up early to put a few butts in.

Yep Randy, unfortunately they are not for me.

1 is for work another is for New Years eve and the 3rd is for, well the other 2 would be lonely without company lol.

Rodney I hope you didn't fall asleep and that they are done :)

If you have pictures of the finished product we would love to see them.

okay, okay
I know it might be cheating but the wife took over for a couple of hours, I foiled it about 0600-0615 EST(pic below), than layed down for a few winks
PDT_Armataz_01_09.gif
and it is now 1150, the meat has platued for about the last 1 hour so, hopefully it will start to climb.
Guests will be here about 1500 so i need to get cracking on the slaw and sauces, Carolina for me, red for the rest of the family
Will send pics when done
OOOO look at those juices
icon_twisted.gif

Wow! Nice so far I can smell it from here.

Bustedluckbarbq
haver de grace, Sorry about the spelling
Have not been around since 2003, been to several school over @ APG
Thanks thast platoe can bee a killer when you are this close, I know still have to cooler it but oh so close, LOL

Well Here you all go, finished product.
Took some of Jeffs recipes for red sauce and slaw and tweeked them a bit for me, and oh boy going to get stuffed.
wink.gif

To be honest I dislike most slaw BUT this stuff is SOOOO Goood.
Ended up leaving the shoulder in the cooler for about 2 hours, Warmart was packed, went for a quick trip and took too long.
That towel and cooler thing is the best, who ever thought of that should get a Nobel Prize!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Even after 2 hours in the cooler it was still steaming hot, and the bone literally slid out of the meat
I am drying out the fat alittle in the oven, saw a recipe for breakfast fried fat stirpes, and with some over easy eggs and hashbrowns, MMM

Hey but no doubt this Bandera is a fuel hog, almost 3 bags of royal oak lump charcoal, LOL
Well time to clean up the smoker and get ready for the X-Mas Ham.
It i a pre done one I think, you know the kind you usallly get from the supermarket.
Any help would be appreciated, till later Thanks All , really I mean it

Rodney

thanks for the compliment, avices and such it really is nice to have a group that will share thier knowledge and experiances, like I said ham is next, LOL depending on what time the Misses wants to eat, pics will follow

regards
Rodney

Touchdown rodneylenton!
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

Dude that looks EXCELLENT!

I'll be right with you for the ham - I'll be cooking mine Christmas day. Gonna do a raw & uncured one, so it should be interesting. I figure, as long as my thermometer works and I know what the internal temp is, how bad can I really screw it up??

I'll take some pics and post qview of mine too...

Rodney take that precooked ham up to about 140º internal temp smoked with cherry wood and smoker temp around 225º to 250º. Glaze the last half hour or so before it is finished (if you like to glaze your hams - I don't)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky