Weekend brisket & burnt ends. Qview galore!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wow, so impressed, I want to duplicate what you've done. So, I'm going to make this my first smoke. I have a masterbuilt 40in. Electric. Is it possible to duplicate what you accomplished? If so, what wood should I use, and should I mix some charcoal in with the wood? Do any of your steps in the process change? Times? Etc.
I know I'm asking a lot, but I would really appreciate the advice.
Thanks!

Wow, so impressed, I want to duplicate what you've done. So, I'm going to make this my first smoke. I have a masterbuilt 40in. Electric. Is it possible to duplicate what you accomplished? If so, what wood should I use, and should I mix some charcoal in with the wood? Do any of your steps in the process change? Times? Etc.
I know I'm asking a lot, but I would really appreciate the advice.
Thanks!

First of all Pittman Welcome to SMF. You should go over to the roll call section & introduce yourself so we can all give you a proper welcome. As for the brisket being your first smoke, I would try to discourage you from doing that. It is a very hard cut of meat to get right the first time. You would be better off starting with ribs or a pork butt, or even a beer can chicken.

Hi Al i can jast say
2thumbs.gif
and
77.gif

it looks wow i am sure that it taste even better then it looks

sausage.gif

Thanks for the info! I just posted on the role call.  I really look forward to learning how to smoke.  My goal is your Brisket, but I was thinking I could start by following you rib recipe.  Would you advise that as a good start? 

Thanks for the info! I just posted on the role call.  I really look forward to learning how to smoke.  My goal is your Brisket, but I was thinking I could start by following you rib recipe.  Would you advise that as a good start? 

Yes ribs are a great way to start smoking. The 3-2-1 method will get you the best ribs you have ever eaten & it's easy to follow. It's 3-2-1 for spares or 2-2-1 for baby backs. Just type 3-2-1 ribs in the search box & read & learn. Good luck & don't forget the Q-view.

Hi Al -

I am doing 2 large flats (about 7 lb ea) this weekend.  Any hints about placing them on two racks (top and bottom) rather than one?

(Great post above by the way - it looks GREAT!!)

b

I see your new, welcome to SMF.

For your briskets you may want to switch them about half way through. 

They will cook more evenly that way & will have a chance to baste each other.

If they will fit on 1 rack I would do it that way with the fat above.

Wow....this is one great post Al!!  The best looking brisket I've even seen.  Love the use of the fat on top to render down over the brisket.  Great idea -- I'm going to do that some time.

Just ate breakfast, and now I'm hungry for brisket!

Thanks for the super post!!

WOW! That's about all I can say after seeing this. That post just about sumed up, with photos, where I can only hope to get someday in regard to smoking. I even showed this to the wife, since she is skeptical about this whole "smoker thing" as she says. Of course she doesn't think I can reproduce this so the gauntlet has been dropped! All in good time...starting this weekend with some ribs as my first meat smoke. Will post pics after the smoke...

I was debating on trying another brisket. I have stuck with pork for a while now and I have to say these pics pushed me into giving it another try. This look so good. Thanks for the motivation.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky