Vacuum Sealer Bags & Supplies - Discount Coupon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well, I've been using the rolls, and the quart size zipper bags for a few days now, and I have to say, the rolls definately seem to get a tighter seal than Foodsaver brand rolls, they do appear to get more of the air out, so far I am pleased with the rolls.

Out of the 9 zipper bags I've used, one just wouldn't seal, and I couldn't find where the seam was broken, not sure what was up with that one, but hopefully that was an anomaly, otherwise I'm looking at a 12% failure rate in the resealables, time will tell I guess.

Last edited:
Well, I've been using the rolls, and the quart size zipper bags for a few days now, and I have to say, the rolls definately seem to get a tighter seal than Foodsaver brand rolls, they do appear to get more of the air out, so far I am pleased with the rolls.

Out of the 9 zipper bags I've used, one just wouldn't seal, and I couldn't find where the seam was broken, not sure what was up with that one, but hopefully that was an anomaly, otherwise I'm looking at a 12% failure rate in the resealables, time will tell I guess.
Bluto, reseal the edges in  your machine.... maybe that will save the bag....   Dave

Bluto, reseal the edges in  your machine.... maybe that will save the bag....   Dave
Thanks Dave, I did set the bag off to the side with that intent while finishing up, but by the time I went back to try resealing the edges my boys had grabbed it and had it full of army men.  I guess I could have sealed the little guys in, but I just let them have it.  :-) 

Hello all,

Are you ready for the holidays yet?  I know I'm not!

Our November discount code expired, and I want to give all my Smoking Meat forum members the new discount code. The new code is valid through December 31, 2012.

Save 10% off all of your FoodSaver supplies and our VacMaster vacuum sealing residential equipment.

Just enter  SM1212  at checkout and the discount will automatically be applied

We also carry chamber vacuum machines and supplies for the professional smoker!

Take care, and thanks for your business! 
icon_lol.gif

Lisa

Vacuum Sealers Unlimited

Vacuumsealersunlimited.com

what home sealer would you recommend for occasional use?

Howdy, Pops!

I use the FoodSaver V2244 and find it good value. It is a good home-use machine. I bought mine earlier this year when Amazon ran a special on them - don't recall what I paid but it was much less than the stores around here had them for - including Wal*Mart and Target.

Be sure to get your bags from Lisa, of course!

What is the difference between the Premium and Economy Rolls?

The 11.5 x 50ft roll seems like a good deal but curious to know what the difference is between the Premium rolls.

Thanks!

Happy New Year Everybody!

I just saw the question regarding the Premium vs. the Economy bags.  Thanks to fpnmf   for posting the link that explains the mystery.

There is no difference in MIL in the bags.  The Premium bags have a strip of mesh running up the center of one side of the bag (the patented VacStrip), that vacuums more efficiently than a regular full textured bag, like FoodSaver or our Economy Full Mesh bags.  They also draw less liquid out of the bag, because the liquid has to be pulled to the center before it can exit the bag, and liquid weighs more than air, so by the time the liquid is drawn to the center strip, most of the air is already out of the bag. The Premium bags cost about $.01 - $.02 more per bag.

I hope all of my friends on this forum have a healthy and happy 2013.

Lisa

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Stock up and save! Our December discount code expired, and I want to give all my Smoking Meat forum members the new discount code. The new code is valid through January 31, 2013.

Save 10% off all of your FoodSaver supplies and our VacMaster vacuum sealing residential equipment.

Just enter  SM0113  at checkout and the discount will automatically be applied

We also carry chamber vacuum machines and supplies for the professional smoker!

Take care, and thanks for your business! 
icon_lol.gif

Hi there We just ordered 200 vac bags for your sight ,I'm hopeing we didnt order them twice ...please let us know ,and just send us the one order if its not a problem  Thanks  Kim LONSWAY +martina Lonsway 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky