USMC Rules For Gun fighting vs Navy Rules

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
NAVY - Never Again Volunteer Yourself.... Words to live by :) However, I'd do it again in a heartbeat...

Hey Dutch... nice goin'...
wink.gif

Seriously, I don't care if you are CG (Coast Guard, not a CharGriller), Army, Navy, Marine, Salvation Army, Girl Scout or Boy Scout... anyone who lays their life down to defend our freedom is a hero in my book.

Go get 'em!
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

Honor.....simply put

A veteran - whether Active Duty, Retired, National Guard or Reserve is
someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made
payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.
-- Author Unknown

I will add just a couple of thoughts on the Navy, Those SOB Seals had real eggs in there mess at their base in the Mekong delta close to Saigon
eek.gif
Really we used to love to support them because we would fly in early and eat breakfast, best food in Nam. I was very impressed with the Naval Firepower when I flew an Artillery Observer and we called for the big guns off the Battleship New Jersey, I think they could fire about 28 miles and have a lot of shells in the air before the first hit, but even they didn't compare to a B-52 strike. Just don't tell CrewDawg, I don't want him to get the "Big Head"

I've been laughing on this one and guess I'll just be quiet. Reason is: my dad was in the Army during Vietnam, my father in law retired from the Coast Guard, my brother in law is currently at Parris Island and my wife is a helicopter pilot in the Navy.

Cool, another fling wing jock!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

On edit I guess I shouldn't have called your wife a jock but she rocks in my book!!

No more cotton bell bottomed seafarers designed to be a life preserver - they wear polyester chino pants simlar to the Coast Guard. I liked Seafarers! But then in the 70's they were in stle too!

If all our civilian Congressman and Senators have their way will will be the United Armed Services one service for all

Thank you for the quote, never heard it before. Was a member of an artillery guard unit for almost 24 yrs. and just missed Desert Storm. Many thanks to all serving there now, and think about them alot. My old unit came back about 2 yrs ago after they got activated but lost 2 members there.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky