USMC Rules For Gun fighting vs Navy Rules

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Jul 7, 2005
Midvale, UT
USMC Rules For Gun fighting

1. Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your friends who have guns.

2. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive.

3. Only hits count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.

4. If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast enough nor using cover correctly.

5. Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral and diagonal movement are preferred.)

6. If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a long gun and a friend with a long gun.

7. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.

8. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating, reloading, and running.

9. Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting standards will be more dependent on "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy of the gun.

9.5. Use a gun that works EVERY TIME. "All skill is in vain when an Angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

10. Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

11. Always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.

12. Have a plan.

13. Have a back-up plan, because the first one won't work.

14. Use cover or concealment as much as possible. The visible target should be in FRONT of your gun.

15. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.

16. Don't drop your guard.

17. Always tactical load and threat scan 360 degrees.

18. Watch their hands. Hands kill. (In God we trust. Everyone else, keep your hands where I can see them).

19. Decide to be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.

20. The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.

21. Be polite. Be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

22. Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one.

23. Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

24. Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun, the caliber of which does not start with a "4."

Navy Rules to Gun fighting

1. Adopt an aggressive offshore posture-10 miles out

2. Send the Marines

3. Drink Coffee

That's the truth
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Sorry Dutch I have to disagree with you on this. If I remember right, the Navy rule #3 should be changed to "BEER". At least that's the way I remember it. YEA GO NAVY!!!!

Well folks after serving 20 years in the Marines, all i knew about the Navy was their ability to chaufeur us around and as for the guns, those big guns on the ships carried big rounds and took out a country block. Now as far as a rifle or pistol in the hands of a navy person, i can't say anything about those that shot onland. But for those that shot rounds out at sea they always hit their target.............the water.........hehe. All kidding aside, Navy or Marines are servicemen and i'm proud of each and everyone who serves to protect our land.

Bill

Being in the Marine Taxi Service (Gator Navy), I couldn't agree with you more smokin'...thing is, some idiot in their infinite wisdom decided to not allow sailors to drink regularly while underway. so we have to make due with coffee.

Great joke BTW

all I have to add is:

4. Sail in circles for 3 months or until the marines are done.

hmmmmmmm......

if i remember right......the navy seals went in first.......so the marines won't get their panties in a bunch, worrying if during the landing, they mite get their feet wet dodging incoming
without the navy.........marines stuck at padre island........usless as tits on a boar........nuff said

Wd

Know what this is??? Mt Suribachi today, not quite as the Marines saw it back in WWII...yeah, we were stuck on an island alright...s/f!

253008.jpg

main_small.gif

plus didnt them BIG GUNS soften up the landing areas?

thank you brennan......without the navy........like i said before........the marines can't leave their home base......

Wd

Not so anymore, commercial air gets us most places, kind of hard to dock a ship in the middle of the desert. Navy still takes us for the med cruises and other ops, but for mass troop movement, it's TWA or other commercial airlines...first time I was ever on a 747 was flying over to Saudi.

but how did they get the tanks and other heavy equipment there......i know about the C-5A..........but it can carry only so much

unfournaltely, i have to agree on the twa thing........thats how my boy just got to iraq.........and he's Navy.......SeaBee's

Wd

WD Where's your boy stationed when he's not overseas? If you don't mind my asking...I actually work in the back corner of a seabee base.

he's navy reserve..........outta Camp Dodge, Des Moines

he was over in iraqie and afghanistan waters while he was active duty
in fact, the aircraft carrier, the Carl Vincent, was the FIRST carrier group there, after 9/11........i get SO tired of the enterprise getting all the glory

Wd

yeah......shellbac.......and the captain was a former marine

LOVE your signature........tho thats a NAVAL term......smoking lamp is lite......LOLOL

Wd

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky