Used Large BGE Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

reelduel

Original poster
Jan 22, 2014
Montgomery Alabama
I found a used large BGE for sale. It is an older model and the fire box doesn't have the split in it for expansion like a new one does. And the diameter of the egg is 20" and I measured a new one today and it is 22". Should I be concerned with these differences? What should I be aware of before purchasing this used egg. The asking price is $700 with a crappy table. I intend to tell him $400 keep the table. Thank you for any help

I'd go even lower! It's used and they want to unload it you can always go up. If they don't like your offer leave them your number in case they decide differently. Don't be afraid to walk away and keep looking for more deals,good luck!

Reactions: reelduel

I found a used large BGE for sale. It is an older model and the fire box doesn't have the split in it for expansion like a new one does. And the diameter of the egg is 20" and I measured a new one today and it is 22". Should I be concerned with these differences? What should I be aware of before purchasing this used egg. The asking price is $700 with a crappy table. I intend to tell him $400 keep the table. Thank you for any help
Here you have to ask yourself,if you will be happy with that smoker?They are not going to let you bring it back.

Richie

Well he refuse my $300 offer. And I got lucky. Kamado Joe is running a scratch n dent sale today and tomorrow only. I picked up a Big Joe demo for $800. Gotta run to Duluth Ga to pick it up but hey, thats half price. They replace all of the gut with new stuff so to me it is just as good as new. Go look them up on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/KamadoJoe/?fref=ts

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky