Unstuffed Smoked Beef Pepperoni Sticks with Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hi Bearcarver,,,can you tell me where you got those racks for your smoker? They look like a great fit for the MES. Thanks for posting such detailed recipes. I plan on doing a chuckie, some of your smoked pork chops and the prime rib all real soon. Also your bacon looks great, i guess i'll have to get one of those amazin smokers for my MES a great addition. Again a big thank you...Len

Thanks gotarace!

Those racks came with my MES 30 that I bought in 2009.

We don't like them, because they are harder to clean than the ones that have most of the gridwork going only in one direction, like my new MES 40 has.

Let us know how following my step by steps works out for you (with Qview).

Also---You won't be sorry for getting an A-MAZE-N-SMOKER.

Bear

Hey Bear,

How do these compare (taste-wise) to regular pepperoni?  Or are they closer to something like a slim Jim?
I would have to say they don't really taste like pepperoni---More like a Beef stick----A non greasy Slim Jim.

They are on the mild side, so if you want heat, you'll have to add more than I put in it this recipe.

They really are very tasty.

Bear

Man them look good.. Thanks for the recipe going to have to try them..
icon14.gif

Bear

Do i need to come down your way and help ya with those. They look great.   

drool.gif

Man them look good.. Thanks for the recipe going to have to try them..
icon14.gif
Thank you----Give 'em a try---They're great.

I like to cut them into 2" lengths, and take them to family parties & picnics.

They all love them, especially the "MALES".

Some reason most women don't seem to like snack sticks like men & boys do!

Bear

Do i need to come down your way and help ya with those. They look great.   

drool.gif
Shoot, you could make these with your eyes closed!

Thanks Buddy,

Bear

hey bear...long time no talk....first I just gotta say I love your orginal recipe of this. My family does too. I do however stuff this mix into 19mm casings..and then smoke..with a collagen casing, the make a good "snap" when you bite em.

I have also taken to adding 2 TBS of worchesshire sauce and 1 TBS of louisianna hot sauce......they are AWESOME!  Give it a try sometime.

Dan

I will have the hook out for the sticks when i drive by in the morning.

I will have the hook out for the sticks when i drive by in the morning.

Darn---I'm temporarily out of stock of these!

Besides, judging by how many sausages & sticks you have been making, you wouldn't have any room for more.

Bear

hey bear...long time no talk....first I just gotta say I love your orginal recipe of this. My family does too. I do however stuff this mix into 19mm casings..and then smoke..with a collagen casing, the make a good "snap" when you bite em.

I have also taken to adding 2 TBS of worchesshire sauce and 1 TBS of louisianna hot sauce......they are AWESOME!  Give it a try sometime.

Dan
Hey Buddy!  Good to see you!

Sounds like a good addition. We add Worcestershire to all of our deerburger, and I love Louisianna hot sauce.

Also if you want a little (not too much) heat, my "Bear Logs" recipe is the same mixture, with a little more heat added to it. Check it out, in my signature.

Also nothing wrong with stuffing these things. I just like the extra smoke I seem to get without skins. I'm sure yours look a lot nicer!

Bear

oh man Bear....I didn't even see the "bear logs" recipe...that's gonna have to be my next smoke!!  

Got a question about these snack sticks....do you think if you cut up small pieces of pepperjack  cheese and added it to the meat mix and then stuffed the casings and smoked them it would turn out good?  In my head it sounds really good, but don't know if in reality it would be good or not

Last edited:
oh man Bear....I didn't even see the "bear logs" recipe...that's gonna have to be my next smoke!!  

Got a question about these snack sticks....do you think if you cut up small pieces of pepperjack  cheese and added it to the meat mix and then stuffed the casings and smoked them it would turn out good?  In my head it sounds really good, but don't know if in reality it would be good or not
Sounds great to me!

I wouldn't see why it wouldn't be great---try just a portion of your batch & see---Let us know how it works---with pics.

Bear

Recipe sounds really good and those links look very tasty to me.  Going to have to try it.  Thank you for sharing it.  Smokin' Vegas
Thank You Ivie!!!

If you want them with a little heat, but still want them in stick form, substitute with my seasoning recipe for my "Smoked Bear Loaf", and then do everything else on this thread.

Don't forget the Qview,

Bear

Nice Bear, Them look really good and on my list.

BTW

I do know my way back north 

laugh1.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky