Ugly Drum Smokers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
 How do you get the Weber lid to fit your barrel . I got a weber lid but it is the same size as the 55 gal barrel . Do I cut the top ring off the barrel . Or somethng else.

.. I was so proud when I for a free weber lid but it doesn't fit.

.   Please send answers to my email.. as I'm having trouble getting on this sight . send response to ...... [email protected] ........

... THANKS GUYS.

... I'm working on a UDS.... after trading for a 220 gal propane tank smoker last week end .

.. Crazy but I really expect this UDS to smoke better than my new TANK.

... But I'm from Texas and we like our Big Ass BBQ Smokers....

..........................BOTH WILL BE WELL USED..........

How do you get the Weber lid to fit your barrel . I got a weber lid but it is the same size as the 55 gal barrel . Do I cut the top ring off the barrel . Or somethng else.

.. I was so proud when I for a free weber lid but it doesn't fit.

.   Please send answers to my email.. as I'm having trouble getting on this sight . send response to ...... [email protected] ........

... THANKS GUYS.

... I'm working on a UDS.... after trading for a 220 gal propane tank smoker last week end .

.. Crazy but I really expect this UDS to smoke better than my new TANK.

... But I'm from Texas and we like our Big Ass BBQ Smokers....

..........................BOTH WILL BE WELL USED..........
2 ways to go...some will weld or bolt a ring inside the lip of the drum to sit the Weber lid onto.

Personally i like using my flat lid because its a natural fit but sometime i'll mount an additional grate about an inch or so from the top....So in order to have the versatility of using either lid this is what i'm going to do.  

I have access to extra drum lids so what you can do is weld the weber lid to the extra lids outer rim and then cut out the middle. By doing this you will have a Weber lid that will fit the drum exactly. 

Yeah all I did was riveted a piece of 1 1/4 steel banding on the inside so about 1/2-3/4 an inch stick above the barrel.. that way the weber lid will fit tightly to the ring..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky