Turkey Too Big?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
If I were worried.... Id just smoke it at 300 till the bird hits 140 , then cut back smoker to 225-250 to finish her up maybe??? or would that even be beneficial??
confused.gif

Your gonna love your drum to cook chicken in!!
wink.gif

What were trying to say is, low n slow on poultry has NO benefits to it!
If anything, your giving it more time to dry out!
If you haven't smoked a bird at 325, try it.....crispy skin, juicy meat and all the smoke you'll need!

Sorry for hijacking your thread bro.......
cool.gif

thanks bubba... ive done tons of birds, but never worried about the low temp till I joined here and started readin all the opinions. all my birds turned out good, but some I guess have been a bit dry. Will for sure try it 325 next time... it makes sense to me. thanks again

Obviously I will be trying to apply all this in 12 hrs when I start mine...

I have a tall smoke chamber on the smoker I have...slots for 6 racks so I will be keeping the bird about mid way up...think I'm gona throw a couple pork steaks in there somewhere while doing the bird...what the heck.

10# turkey @ about 275* average...mostly 300*...

took only 3hrs 15 min when put in a 300* smoker...

Brined about 36 hrs...cooked right from frig....
with 3 branches of fresh cut Rosemary and one branch of about 10 leaves of Sage placed on top...with 2, 1" thick Pork steaks on the rack above...dripping juices for about 2 hrs.

Turned out 'EPHING' GREAT!!!!!

everyone enjoyed to the MAX.

Again, THNX go to the advice from right here and the experts giving it.

click for bigger pics:
th_37633_tkysmk1_122_256lo.jpg
th_37635_tkysmk2_122_1155lo.jpg

8cd5768d_vbattach19266.jpg

ae144b22_vbattach19265.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky