Triple Threat Ribs & Wings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

RiversideSm0ker

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 30, 2018
Riverside, Cal
So I decided to go with a variety of flavor profiles on my ribs today. First rack has Jeff’s tried and true rib rub. Second has Cuisinart sweet chili rub. Third has that Pit Boss sweet heat that was so awesome on my last pork butt.
5F1E691D-F1C3-433A-B4B5-5D6B3EB3907B.jpeg
Next up will be the pterodactyl wings from Sam’s. My wife has requested the Weber Asian garlic rub but I might do a couple with some other flavors not sure yet. That’s it for now.
G

0DE53902-FEE5-4CD1-A713-DAB110678CD7.jpeg
Here are the pterodactyl wings on the kettle. The vortex is a chicken cooking machine. I got so caught up in the end of the game that I forgot to take a shot of the finished product. I admit the ribs weren’t my best batch. I experimented with pineapple juice in the foil instead of apple juice. The results were not as good. I feel like I overcooked the ribs a bit. They had great flavor but I may have rendered too much of the fat. Gonna day that I really liked the Pit Boss sweet heat and the Cuisinart sweet chili on the ribs. The Weber chili lime rub was extremely tasty on the wings. The Pit Boss was again very good on the wings as well. Gonna have to say the I’m really digging the sweet heat. I’ve already bought a second bottle. The mac n cheese and guacamole were really tasty sides. Leftovers are on the menu for tomorrow night. I hope everyone had a great time at their respective celebrations today. I enjoyed the game and the better team prevailed in the end. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a rematch in the next super bowl. Have a great night all.
G

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky