Tribute to fallen Hero Mathew Kelly

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shooterrick

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 13, 2008
South Louisiana
While I have come to love the south I was extremly proud of my home town this past week. Cameron Missouri laid to rest Mathew Kelly, USMC.

War protesters threatened to disrupt funeral service and the whole town, 4 countys, and the Patriot Guard motorcylcle club lined the parade route so thickly that the protestors were unable to disrupt the services.

A video of us flag waving midwesterners and the parade can be found at
www.mycameronnews.com. Select tribute and play slide show. God bless you Matt, and thank you for your service.

Thanks for the video rick .
Anyone that tries to disrupt the funeral of a fallen hero when i'm around . One of us is going to get a serious *** whuppin.

What ^^^he said!
icon_evil.gif
Thanks, Rick.

Your town did it right Rick nice to see

Excuse my honesty, BUT...that's how EVERY F#%*N TOWN in AMERICA should honor our fallen soldiers. EVERY DANG DAY.

Sorry. That's how I feel about that.

I bow my head a say a prayer for the families of those fallen brothers. RIP Mathew you are our hero.

bronze_soldier_memorial_clsup.jpg

No doubt about it that ALL of our fallen, still serving & veterans deserve this kind of respect!! Our prayers are with his family and community. Thanks for posting.

Thanks Rick that was very inspirational and being one of five brothers in the family that served from WWII through the Korean conflict it brought tears to my eyes and I am proud of it.

Thanks to Mathew and the other fallen. They gave the ultimate sacrifice and are the real HEROES.

JCB

May God Bless Matt, his family, and every citizen who turned out that day.

Now if we could straighten out the rest of what is left of this country.

This is a Video of Canada's Highway of Heroes. For more than a 100 miles every overpass enroute is lined with crowds of people waving flags and Honouring our fallen Heroes each and every time a hero is brought home to rest. Rain or shine freezing weather or fair they are always there for our Soldiers return.

The Highway has been re-named and Is now officially the Highway of Hereos.

All of America's hereos deserve no less than this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyK25...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eBYr...eature=related

I'am a Nam vet and YODELHAWK said it all.God Bless Matt and his family. It brought tears to my eyes to see this again. My Prayers go out to his family, Prayers go out to all those still serving, they are all Hero's. Thanks goes to the Patriot Guard Motorcycle Club.

Thanks for Posting Rick
Bob

Wow! That's hard my prayers go out to the family and all of our hero's that are serving or have ever served in any capacity in the fight for the freedom of our country. I was born and raised in Cameron Mo. have laid many family members to rest at Thompsons funeral home in the photos.

I want to thank everyone for there thoughts and prayers. As I set here trying to come up with the correct words, with cloudy eyes, I am gratefull to all who serve. I come from a long line of those that answered there countrys call going back to the Revolution. My Father was decorated in Korea, and his father before him. I and my brother both served in the USAF. My younger sister was Navy.

Many folks no longer understand that it is the blood of our sons and daughters, that allows them to have an opinion, protest, and literally wake up every morning with the opportunity to better themselves in every way.
They go day to day making choices only because of the blood spent. If you cannot disagree and at the same time show respect for those that make it possible, you are not good enoeph to sit at my table and eat my Q. In todays society this sacrafice has been all too cheapened.

I know I am ranting so nuff said.

I as all of you send prayers for this fallen hero and his family.
As a veteran of the USAF i know that You are not supposed to salute unless in uniform but in this situation it's the best and only honor i can give our fallen heros.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky