Tri Tip with Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wlkwichita

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
Wichita Kansas
 I lightly seasoned it with garlic salt and coarse pepper.

Smoked with pecan for about 2 hours at 220F to hit internal temp of 130F.

Removed it from smoker and transferred to hot grill for just a couple of minutes.

No leftovers
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

0c15512f_slicedtritip9-12-2010.jpg

c5c253c4_tritiponplatter9-12-2010.jpg

2b921a47_tritiponplate9-12-2010.jpg

Reactions: shooter1
Tri tip rocks - yours looks good congrats on a great post

Looks GREAT !

You did that just the way I like it !

Awesome!

Bear

PS: Nice Baked Tater too, but a little heavy on the veggies, don't ya think?

looks deliceous

Its missing one thing.....A ice cold beer 
biggrin.gif

Maybe a local butcher will cut one for you. They need to get and cut the whole carcus or half though and not get little precut peces like many do these days.  I doubt a supermarket, especially a big chain, is going to be able to help you.

Of couse you could get someone in CA to buy and send you one.  Get in touch with these guys here in town where I live and maybe they will ship you one.

http://www.losgatosmeats.com/

They have an email address listed so it can't hurt to ask.   

Last edited:
Their is a butcher shop by me(I'm in so Cal) that has the most amazing pre marinaded tri tip I have ever had and from what I understand they will ship.Google hottingers Their in chino CA all reviews are 5 stars. I love that place with Their tri tip and BBQ sauce makes the best pizza I have ever had.

Last edited:
We eat tri-tip often.  One of my favorites.

Try mixing in a zip loc bag brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, and a little creole.  Put the tri tip in that bag and let it marinate over night ......

Then smoke or grill .....

Actually I have seen wal mart with trip tip over hear ...... although I never buy meat at walmart
PDT_Armataz_01_33.gif

Maybe a local butcher will cut one for you. They need to get and cut the whole carcus or half though and not get little precut peces like many do these days.  I doubt a supermarket, especially a big chain, is going to be able to help you.

Of couse you could get someone in CA to buy and send you one.  Get in touch with these guys here in town where I live and maybe they will ship you one.

http://www.losgatosmeats.com/

They have an email address listed so it can't hurt to ask.   

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky