Tri-tip w/ pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Tried tri - tip for the first time last month. Absolutely amazing! What flavor. Only place I've seen it is at Costco for $5.99/lb. Can get it in roasts or cut into 1"x1"x 8" strips. The strips I grilled (heaven forbid
wink.gif
) to medium rare with just a little salt, pepper, and McCormicks garlic powder. Gonna try smoking one of the roasts later this week. Probably around 225-240 degrees until the temp reads 135 (like prime rib for medium rare).

Tri - tip is probably one of the most flavorful cuts of beef I've had the pleasure to sink my teeth into (very close to prime rib). Everyone who likes beef should give it a try....
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Well big al
the pics look great but once I go to that site my computer freezes and stops running and shuts down????????????????????????????
Tried it three times and still can't understand why

Big Al,

pics are savory!! Really good looking beef. tonto and I are on the hunt for some good tri tip in west michigan. Cheech says Costco is the best. No luck elsewhere.

bud

Yep, tri-tip is beef....somewhere in the sirloin area. 3 different grains.

Had wife pick up some yesterday. 30#'s at $3.29/# untrimmed. Got a slicer for b-day(from wife & kids) I'll take that as a hint. Plan on doin a couple and slice'n as thin as possible for American dip sandies. Served w/ "awfuly good juice"(au jus) to dip in.

Tri-tip isn't for everyone though. Parents still like brisket the best. P.S. both are in the loony bin too. :) I'm just "brisketed" out right now. Have some in fridge and it isn't move'n very fast. Usually gone in a few days, not anymore.

L8R

Did this tri-tip a couple of days ago. Turned out damn tasty, moist, and tender. 225 -250 degrees for about 2 3/4 hrs until temp read 140' (spritzed with apple juice every hr). Like medium rare to medium. Gonna do it again!
5daf4778_vbattach12028.jpg

I never heard of tri-tip til I started looking at this site. I don't think it's an East Coast thing, I've never seen nor heard of it...
icon_mad.gif

Next time I make a costco run I'll have to see if they have it there.

Besides a Prime Rib Roast, Rib Eye Steak (same thing), tri- tip is the most flavorful piece of beef I've had. Costco rules!
PDT_Armataz_01_24.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky