Tornado's Bah! Lets Make Pulled Pork! ~ Foamheart

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Just watched the evening news about the RV park.
51.gif
glad to here that twister missed you.

Anyone that would defy mother nature, and cook a meal that good, deserves a crap load of points, however I can only give you 1..
points.gif
Thank you sir.

No one can control the weather but I am still amazed that they can predict so well. I watched on my computer radar. I saw it in real time. Just amazing.

Kevin, I will take 2 sandwiches, a good serving of your cold slaw, and one-half of you summer salad!   
drool.gif
drool.gif
icon14.gif
    Great job and I know it's delicious.
Here ya go... got your name all over it, its on my good plate though, I need it back when you're done.

Great lookin meal there and another great post!

Tornadoes either kill you or they don't. Obviously I have been lucky to have had only a few close calls.

People in San Antonio told me they rarely touch down there.  I have watched them come down and bounce right back up without touching ground there in the main part of the city. Historically there have been some bad ones in the San Antonio area, though.  My closest calls came a a few states further north.

It is your dang hurricanes that wipe out a whole wide swath that would scare me to death?

Good luck and good smoking.
Hurricanes don't hurt you, its the lose of utilities and service, the flooding and of course all those tornadoes which dance around the outside of the hurricane. 

Just seems the weather has been getting stranger and stranger. In 50 years I have only seen physical evidence of three hurricanes where I am. All three have been in the past 5 years. And 2 of those 3 were just trees. But one tree was in the next door neighbor's yard last year I think, less than 30 yards from my back door.

You can't do anything about 'em but prepare and stay vigilant. 

Looks great Foam! I love how you always make the whole meal from scratch. I have to up my sides game. I focus on the meats and scratch make my sides in the microwave haha. Points!!!!

Looks great Foam! I love how you always make the whole meal from scratch. I have to up my sides game. I focus on the meats and scratch make my sides in the microwave haha. Points!!!!
When you smoke a meat for 24 hours, you've got enough time to make two sides and a dessert. I didn't make a dessert. LOL 

Points for the long cook. I couldn't do it.

Pp looks awesome

Glad you're okay Foam!  That was some pretty rough stuff!  Awesome pulled pork, 
points1.png
  Love those summer pickles!

Mike

Points for the long cook. I couldn't do it.

Pp looks awesome
Thank you 

Now I have some Pulled pig leftover and have to make some decisions about how to cook it. Fried tater skins? BBQ'd baked potatoes? Tamales? Tacos" Enchidalas?  Boudin?  Wooters! I bet it would be good stuffed in jalapenos with sour cream.

The pig and the smoker did all the work. 

Heading out in a few minutes and now I am Hungry.nice job Kevin Points for hanging in there during that storm

Richie

What a story, glad you are OK      How much those sandwiches going for?    Nice job and that great bark mixed in really Wow !

Everything looks fantastic Kevin   
icon14.gif

icon14.gif

icon14.gif

points1.png

BTW    we got lucky and dodged the storms just lots of wind

Gary

Sorry I'm so late to this party...looks great Kevin!  Good to see you persevered through the storm and still managed to cook up something tasty!

points.gif

Red

Glad you're okay Foam!  That was some pretty rough stuff!  Awesome pulled pork, 
points1.png
  Love those summer pickles!

Mike
Thank you Mike

'Was a tuff storm. They now say was three F2's in the storm and lucky us got one. River road here in front of the old house is still closed. That is equivalent to shutting down I-10 with all the major truck traffic these days.

Listen if if those summer pickles were any easier they would slice themselves. I swear there is something about vinegar, I think its a miracle elixer. From sun burns to sun stroke. from cleaning your clothes to cleaning your windows, it cleans blue ink, it removes water rings, disinfectant, etc etc etc....

Heading out in a few minutes and now I am Hungry.nice job Kevin Points for hanging in there during that storm

Richie
You know how it is, you could try running away but if its your time you'd just die outta breathe.

What a story, glad you are OK      How much those sandwiches going for?    Nice job and that great bark mixed in really Wow !

Everything looks fantastic Kevin   
icon14.gif

icon14.gif

icon14.gif

points1.png

BTW    we got lucky and dodged the storms just lots of wind

Gary
Thank you sir.

It here day before yesterday, and I think I saw it was already in the carolinas yesterday. That storm was movin on down the line.

Sorry I'm so late to this party...looks great Kevin!  Good to see you persevered through the storm and still managed to cook up something tasty!

points.gif

Red
Thank you Red

Its Ok Red, I saved ya a sandwich......

There is just nothing you can do ..... heck the neighbor told me yesterday evening that he hear it just as my generator came on and he spend the next 20 mins. hiding in his bath tub..... The neighbors wanted to know how I knew about the storm?> They figured I had smoked that butt to feed them all....ROFLMAO

Neighbors......... I guess ya gotta have 'em these days, but I sure miss when this was still country.

Beautiful PB.  But man, I wish I could make buns like that Kev...  Guess I just need more practice.  POINT!

b

Beautiful PB.  But man, I wish I could make buns like that Kev...  Guess I just need more practice.  POINT!

b
Thank you again Brian.

Bread drove me crazy for such a long time and I was totally in awe of some one who could make it. I can only make one bread dough, I make it conform to whatever else I want to make. Soft Pretzels? Bagels? Light bread rolls, french baguettes, heck even rye. Its like you just wake up one morning and everything works. You did nothing special, everything just comes together. Its why I have so much respect for chefs. They can't wait, they have to learn how to be consistent every time even if they backed over the kids dog on the way to work.

Tasty looking sando,I have seen a cold air funnel(tornado that never touches down) but never a tornado.I keep looking but were luckily not in to bad of area for them.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky