Thoughts on this smoker.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hardcookin

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 13, 2015
Northeast
What is your thoughts on this smoker? It is 16" x 60" 1/4" steel.
I haven't seen it in person.
Thinking about buying it for a project.

[ATTACHMENT=2351]image.jpg (62k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

from what I'm hearing.. long, small diameter, smokers are a bit of a challenge... the FB ( firebox) end will surely be much hotter than the exhaust stack end... although some people use that to their advantage.. knowing that end is hotter for quicker cooking.... others will be along to give you more feedback...

Reactions: hardcookin
Gee nobody have any thoughts on the smoker? Good - Bad??
Thank you JckDanls for your reply.

My opinion, the FB looks too low to provide efficient heat, the exhaust may be ok, but the true length is cut off in the picture.

Can you get it as a project and improve upon it, absolutely, but keep in mind, 60" is a LONG way for efficient heat when the FB is the same diameter of the cook chamber, and a lot shorter.

Do you have an pictures that show the whole thing?

Cranky this is the only other one.

Thank you for your thoughts! That's what I was looking for.
My main concern was the 16x 60 and the firebox I'm not sure is correct.

Last edited:
Yea that can be made to work,good length,great diameter,2 or 3 simple changes,home run.

Good luck with it   ...   Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky