This Turkey met the TBS !

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Awesome lookin Turkey!! Does the peanut oil help crisp up the skin? My father in law used to make them on his charcoal grill before he passed away and I have never been able to make a turkey that tasted as good as his, but will continue to try!

Hey Deuce, ya know I've rubbed down my birds with peanut oil for bout 4 yrs now & really like it ! I have a GMG pellet grill and put the bird on at 250* for a while, then when IT is bout 155* , I crank up the temp to about 300* , to an IT of 165-170* & it has a crispy skin ! Pellet grills give a unique crispy skin & I really like it !

Last edited:
Last edited:
All Looks Great !!!
icon14.gif

Nothing Dry there!!!
drool.gif

I'll take a plate too, please!!

Bear

Mmmm...that's the stuff!!  Its hard to beat a smoked bird...nice going Justin!  Very pretty plate...pass me one!  
biggrin.gif

Red

All Looks Great !!!Thumbs Up

Nothing Dry there!!!:drool

I'll take a plate too, please!!

Bear

Thanks Bear, that brine is great ! Used it a few times now & it really makes a big difference ! Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it ! Still some left if ya get here soon.... I'll set some aside for ya ! LOL

Mmmm...that's the stuff!!  Its hard to beat a smoked bird...nice going Justin!  Very pretty plate...pass me one!  :biggrin:

Red

Thanks Red, appreciate the kind words ! That brine sure does work very well ! I'll set a plate to the side for ya, see ya soon ! LOL

That looks incredible! Super moist, just got a turkey for .88/pound. Your post makes me wish I was smoking it for Easter Dinner!

Thanks wt, yeah that brine really makes a big difference..... Used it a few times now and the birds are real juicy !

Great looking meal Justin! Wait till you fire one up in the mini!

Smoke away!!!

Thanks Case, I really appreciate it ! I know I need to get into the mini world ! I gotta get that cold smoker going, build a mini, landscape the yard & the list goes on.... LOL.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky