"Think You’re Hot? Try Being a Pitmaster During the Hottest Summer in Texas History."

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DinnerIsComing

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 27, 2022
Cedar Creek, TX
I came across this article in Texas Monthly online. And it's not like the thought of those Texas Pitmasters slow roasting for our benefit!

Think You’re Hot? Try Being a Pitmaster During the Hottest Summer in Texas History.

louie-mueller-bbq.jpg

Even for me, dye-in-the-wool 'Q-er that I am, I dread standing in the open air, exposed to that brutal sun on my back... all to make a turkey breast yesterday and ribs later today. I can't imagine what it's like if this was your job!

I came across this article in Texas Monthly online. And it's not like the thought of those Texas Pitmasters slow roasting for our benefit!

Think You’re Hot? Try Being a Pitmaster During the Hottest Summer in Texas History.

louie-mueller-bbq.jpg

Even for me, dye-in-the-wool 'Q-er that I am, I dread standing in the open air, exposed to that brutal sun on my back... all to make a turkey breast yesterday and ribs later today. I can't imagine what it's like if this was your job!
Gotta love your art I guess.

Thanks for the interesting read!

Reactions: DinnerIsComing
You gotta give ‘em credit for being able to turn out exceptionable ‘que in those conditions! I know it can get mighty warm in my hotbox of a patio during the worst of the summer. But I can at least retreat to my recliner under the AC and watch everything via my remote therm. Can’t imagine being in 130 degree pits for hours on end!

Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky