The Wu-DS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Have to say that is the baddest looking UDS I've ever seen. Your Wutang Shield gets points alone. I am impressed with the effort and workmanship you put into making it..that is awesome. The hobo touch, and the fattie "check-ride" sealed the deal. You are a professional! Hat's off to you and may the TBS follow you wherever you go.

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
points.gif

Thanks guys. This UDS has seen action almost every weekend since it was built. Since this thread was started I have added a 2nd thermo just below the lower grate and I lengthened the intake covers slightly. It works great!!

After cutting out the lid how did you get such a smooth edge around the top? I am about to use a skillsaw to cut out my top and get to working on my UDS!!!

I used a chisel to start a small hole at the edge of the top then used a reciprocating saw to cut out the lid from the top. This left the upper ridge/seam intact. It left behind a lip that stuck out about 1/4 inch (a little more in some spots) that I just hammered down flat.

Let me know if that doesn't make sense.

how do you regulate temps to smoke at lets say 225? Or what is the best way to regulate the temps?

You regulate temps by controlling the air intakes. Less air for a lower temp, more air for a higher temp. My drum likes to run at about 240-250 but I have made it run closer to 225. I have also let it run over 350 when crisping up the skin on chicken or baking bread in the smoker.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky