The Gauntlet Has been thrown down!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
AWESOME shorts!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
Sounds like a great time! Points for you my friend....points for you!!!

Thanks Gene!! If I Co-Chair it me and my new buddy are going to have his huge roaster going and the smokers!! Work as a team and have a ball...only problem is going to be how we'll get home!!!!

That's what wifes and other friends are for
wink.gif

Looking forward to the pics and the next event
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Gotta keep it fun though
PDT_Armataz_01_29.gif

1894 you got that right!! They knew just what to say! She has a few I'll get them from her! Next year if we do it right it will be huge and we want to add a big family area...Rock Band Comp or DDR comp for the teens...the big bouncing things for the kids...bring the club back to FAMILY!!! These are a bunch of great guys...it'll be a ball!!!

Thanks Joe!

Thanks Flyin'illini!!

Thanks CA...my calculations have it roughly somewhere in the 1200-1500 ballpark for just me and my 2 buds...that's after expenses and beers!!!
It will end up being more since I have 6 butts in the freezer that I didn't even touch! There were 3 ready 2 warm up in the oven and they are still selling them today!

Sounds great!!! I know all too well the ins and outs of politics at small private clubs. I'm the Commander of a VFW and the hubby is the manager. It can be hectic and aggravating at times...ultimately though, the clubs rely on volunteers like you who go out of the way with your generosity!! Way to go shorts!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Thanks Shellbellc!! He crossed the line in what he said so it took quite a bit of talking down but they knew how to get to me!! I really enjoyed it so I'll do it again...for the club!!!

Nice job shorts, excellent thread my friend. Awesome way to make a new best bud, and support your club! Looks like the bar will be raised next year! Points!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Thanks Capt Dan and Bmudd14474. Stopped last night at my local tavern and they are discussing it there...he wants me to do a small one for him...he's a good friend of the family so what the heck...I'll do a few butts for him...he buys the beer!

Curious Ardvark I have a spritz that is a very complicated recipy....
1 part water
1 part EVOO
1 part Wishy Sauce
1 part Apple cider Vinegar

My finish sauce is a derivative of a recipe called Wet Stuff.

The Eagles is a private club. We are considered a nonprofit organization.

An excellent read and story. Thanks for posting it and excellent work to feed so many so very well.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
:PDT_Ar mataz_01_37:
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Thanks Vlap! I really did enjoy doing it!! Nobody quite understands how I was able to create such good pulled pork in my little smokers!!!

Oh I forgot one part of the story you guys are going to love this!!! I had a vendor come up to me and said he was going to order one of my pulled pork sammies but his wife bought him one from a vendor downtown who's been in business for quite a while...He said she read his mind...he opened the container and low and behold there is this pile of white meat....hummmm what's that? Where's the smoke ring??? He says he likes his because he has all these sauces....guess what my answer was???? Come on...I know ya can....YUP...mine doesn't need any sauce!!!!! LOL!!!!

A more elaborate description would be "A non-profit, fraternal organization based on the premise of 'people helping people'"
Eagles clubs across the United States and Canada raise money every year for a variety of research charities including cancer, Alzheimers, heart deisease, spinal cord injury, and even one called the 'Jimmy Durante children's fund'.

We raise money all year long for the different charities, just to give it away, (and have one heck of a good time doing it!)....thru fundraisers such as Shorts just helped make happen, raffles, auctions, and other such activities.

Hope this gives you a better understanding about the Fraternal Order of Eagles

Congratulations, brother Shorts on a successful and worthy fundraiser!!

f.o.e #2828 Tama/Toledo, IA

L8r,
Eric

Excellent explanation Eric! They are all over this fine country, and do a ton of good things, one event at a time. Great organization just like the"shriners", or " Masons", or " F.O.P." or " VFW".
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I enjoyed the story. Glad you are the man there makes you proud, huh.
Points to you.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky