The Dude's SSS Meatballs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

the dude abides

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 12, 2008
Des Moines, Iowa
Smoked, Sweet & Savory Meatballs. Fire It Up was talking about meatball recipies the other day and had me craving a batch myself. Perfect tasty and filling appetizer for football today. And I've got enough left over for sammies and what not later on.

Ingredients.
2.5 lbs Ground Chuck
1 lb Fresh Ground Pork Sausage
1 sleeve Keebler Toasteds Onion Flavored Crackers
2 Large Eggs
2 TBS Soy Sauce
2 TBS Worchestshire Sauce
1/4 Sweet yellow onion
1 Crushed Clove Garlic
1/4 c. Bacon Bits (was supposed to be real bacon but realized I didn't have any)
ry%3D400

I apologize, I'm not on my qview game today. Forgot to take a couple of pictures along the way.

Started by sauteing the onion and garlic in a little bit of oil. Threw the bacon bits in at the last minute.
(Sorry no pict of this)

Then everyone into a bowl for a good hand mixing
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Rolled these into little balls about golf ball size.
ry%3D400

Ended up with about 40 total.

Threw these on the WSM running about 275* for about an hour with a couple of small chunks of oak.

While they were smoking away I started the sweet sauce.
1/2 c. White Karo Corn Syrup
1.5 c. Ketchup
4 TBS Yellow Mustard
2 TBS Soy Sauce
1 TBS Worchestshire Sauce
ry%3D400

Mix all ingredients in a pan on stovetop over medium heat. Heat just until it starts to bubble.
ry%3D400

And there ya go. The Dude's Smoked, Sweet & Savory Meatballs. Hope everyone gives it a try. But I'll warn ya, the sauce is pretty darned sweet.

Thanks for checking out my latest smoke.

Glad the recent talk got you in the mood to smoke some goodness
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Sauce sounded good but you know what makes everything better...some chipotle! Bet that would have worked great in the sauce with the sweetness.

Thanks pal, everything is better with bacon!

Do it! They are really good. I use the same recipie for my meatloaf.

You're welcome. I'm not a fan of hot stuff, so the sweet is good.

Thanks for bringing this up. Yeah, I figured you'd need to add some heat to them.

Man Jay they look great and I like the recipe it sounds really good too. Why didnt you entry them intoo the throwdown for Janurary.

Thanks Rio, yeah I guess it was. Fire It Up was looking for meatball recipies a week or so ago. I think that got some wheels turning. I know it did for me.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky