That Sweet Bark

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

stolps

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 12, 2016
Buffalo MN
Hi all. I have a question regarding my wood pellet smoker. Since I have started using it I have noticed that I am not getting as much bark on my cooks as I would like. The food is still tasting great but is lacking that desired outer texture. Has anyone else had issues with developing bark on a pellet smoker? What is the solution? Thanks for the tips!

Hi all. I have a question regarding my wood pellet smoker. Since I have started using it I have noticed that I am not getting as much bark on my cooks as I would like. The food is still tasting great but is lacking that desired outer texture. Has anyone else had issues with developing bark on a pellet smoker? What is the solution? Thanks for the tips!

I have a GMG pellet smoker & have never had a problem ! What pellet smoker ya have & what temp ya running ?

I have a Big Horn. I run my brisket and pork butts at around 225 to 250. I previously was smoking on a UDS at the same temps and would get real thick bark. Now i am not getting as much and was just wondering if this was common with pellet units or operator error

It would seem that you would get bark with a pellet burner.

Even the guys with watt burners get good bark.

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky