Thanksgiving Recipes Help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Here in week or two, thousands of people will start flocking to the forum to get help cooking their annual TG turkey. Last year we were seeing around 40k to 115k page views per day in the days leading up to TG. I get about twice that amount at Smoking-Meat.com and I'd like to send some of that traffic over here to help with questions, recipes, etc.

For that reason, I have created an area on the forum called Thanksgiving Central (not sure why I didn't do this years ago).

I will be placing some recipes and how-to information in that area but if any of you also have recipes or how-to information that you'd like to submit, let me know. I'd like for it to be a resource that grows and grows and not just from my own work.

For recipes to be included in the TG Central, it will need to have a short summary, ingredient list and step by step instructions with images where appropriate.

How-to information needs to be in a step-by-step format with images where appropriate and written as if you're talking to a 4th grader.

Post these in the regular areas of the forum once you have them and shoot me a forum link so I'll know where the recipe is posted.

I can then convert it to an article , add the "Thanksgiving" label to it and move it to the TG Central category.

Thanks in advance!

Let me know if you have any questions😀
So TulsaJeff TulsaJeff any report on how well the "Thanksgiving Central" idea worked this year?

Any metrics on views, questions/posts, etc. from the topics in there?

I would love to hear what you saw with it being newly added this year. :)

I didn't use it...only meal we cooked was smash burgers and then went to grandma's house for a meal.
But I really liked the idea! Always so many questions but also alot of great information.

Ryan

Reactions: tallbm
I have not crunched the numbers yet but I can tell you my questions via email was way down this year, that saved me SO much time. I think the TG Central area helped a lot of people find the answers to most of their common TG questions.

There were ~1000 visitors on the site at all times from day before TG to about mid-day on TG.

I appreciate everyone who helped to answer questions and made new visitors to the site feel welcome. That is really helpful and doesn't go unnoticed.

You guys are awesome!

I have not crunched the numbers yet but I can tell you my questions via email was way down this year, that saved me SO much time. I think the TG Central area helped a lot of people find the answers to most of their common TG questions.

There were ~1000 visitors on the site at all times from day before TG to about mid-day on TG.

I appreciate everyone who helped to answer questions and made new visitors to the site feel welcome. That is really helpful and doesn't go unnoticed.

You guys are awesome!
Cool! Glad it helped in a noticeable way other than just numbers and metrics :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky