Tapatalk (mobile app) is Now Available for SMF!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ok, well it worked that time. Previously when I was receiving the error message I did close all the way out and logged back in then just pasted the information, so it shouldn't have timed out.

Still great for reading the forums and I'm sure it'll improve with time.

I don't really know why some phones are having issues.. I will tell you that this was just released and as I said in the original announcement, it was considered to be a soft launch which just means that it's working but it could have a few bugs and if you find a bug just report it and the brains that be will try to get everything fixed.The app seems to be working pretty good for most but if you do have an issue just do what you've been doing and report it.This is the process for making it better..Once all the bugs are found/fixed, I am sure the private messaging and "Latest Posts" will be turned on and make it 100 times better.

Jeff, having this is type of access is great now so when all of the options/features become available, it's really going to be awesome!  Thanks for all the work you and the team are putting in to provide this feature!  
beercheer.gif

I don't really know why some phones are having issues.. I will tell you that this was just released and as I said in the original announcement, it was considered to be a soft launch which just means that it's working but it could have a few bugs and if you find a bug just report it and the brains that be will try to get everything fixed. The app seems to be working pretty good for most but if you do have an issue just do what you've been doing and report it. This is the process for making it better.. Once all the bugs are found/fixed, I am sure the private messaging and "Latest Posts" will be turned on and make it 100 times better.
Here is what I've noticed so far...

1: I could not post at all until I updated to the latest version of tapatalk. I kept getting some error every time I would hit submit. I thought it was a permissions issue because I could post fine on all the other message boards I frequent. I had held off on installing the update because I read a few questionable reviews, and my older version was working fine. I finally broke down and installed it, and now everything works. Oh, and those questionable reviews were up in the night. The new version is great, and everything works. 

2: When I make a post, I don't think it automatically subscribes me to the thread. I am pretty sure it does on the website, but I was not seeing the thread listed in my favorite topics in tapatalk. I was only seeing some older threads I had replied to, but none of the newer ones. I went back to the website and changed all of my subscriptions to instant email notification, and set my default to instant email notification, and set it to keep notifying me even if I haven't been to the site for a while (which is really where I prefer all these settings anyway). Now I think I see all the threads I recently replied to in my favorite topics in tapatalk (I didn't notice any missing, anyway). But the problem is they are all in some weird order. Normally the the one with the most recent activity is on top, then the one with the next most recent activity, and so on. Mine are in some random order that I can't find a pattern. And looking at it right now, I only have 10 topics added as favorites. I have no idea where it came up with that number. Normally I think tapatalk adds every thread you post in as a favorite topic. Have I really only posted in 10 threads in my entire time on this site? That can't be right.

Now, having said all of that, let me say this...

My phone has some kind of weird glitch going on right now where it shows me being in some city in Africa and my time changes to that time zone. So maybe it is organizing the threads in my favorites based on that time or something, with not all of them showing in that time zone or something. I don't know, I doubt that's it, but it wouldn't be right if I didn't mention it.

And maybe I am missing some settings in tapatalk or something. When I installed the update, I actually uninstalled my tapatalk and then downloaded a whole new version from the Android market (thinking maybe mine was corrupt and that's why I couldn't post here). When I did this, I lost all my settings and stuff. This new version is different in a lot of ways, so maybe there is some setting I haven't found yet that is causing these issues. I doubt it, but again, it wouldn't be right if I didn't mention it.

It's also quite possible that I had the same 10 topics in my favorites before I changed any settings on the site. The order is random and all I can see without scrolling down is a bunch of old topics. The newer ones are all buried in there, so it's possible they were buried in there before too. 

Other than that, I can actually read and post so the basics are definitely there. And I am thinking about smoking some ribs for the super bowl tomorrow so hopefully I can test out tapatalk for making a q-view thread! 

Thanks again for adding tapatalk. This really takes the site to a whole new level. 

Last edited:
I really appreciate all the feedback.. thanks!!

Man all you hi tech guys. I don't have that stuff. Guess I'm a dinosaur. My cell is just a phone! I'm so embarrassed!  
icon_redface.gif

Man all you hi tech guys. I don't have that stuff. Guess I'm a dinosaur. My cell is just a phone! I'm so embarrassed!  
icon_redface.gif
Once you cross that line of having a phone with internet, email, texting, GPS, etc. there is no turning back. I can't imagine how I ever lived without it and really it hasn't been that long ago that I didn't have all of these modern hassles..er.. I mean conveniences
biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky