Tapatalk (mobile app) is Now Available for SMF!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TulsaJeff

Smoke Whisperer
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
Jun 28, 2005
Tulsa, OK
Just wanted to let everyone know that Tapatalk is now working for SMF.. It does cost a few dollars for Android and iPhone users but it's so worth it;-)

Note: It is being rolled out as a soft launch so the site will not be visible in the TapaTalk forum directory (based on subject matter). You will have to use search to find it for now.

Also, private messaging and "Latest Posts" have been disabled for the time being but these should be working soon.

Here's some instructions if you need it:

So how do you get in there?
  1. On your iPhone, Android, Nokia, Blackberry, etc., download the TapaTalk application.
  2. When you first load the app, you will see the ability to browse forums, view newly added sites, and search.  Click to search.
  3. Enter "SmokingMeatForums"
  4. SmokingMeatForums should appear in the search results.
  5. Click to view the site.
  6. From there, you'll be able to login with your username and password.
  7. Then you can navigate in, check your subscriptions, see who's online, post in the forums, and more!
Play around with it and definitely let me know what you think.

Last edited:
Excellent! :)

Just picked up Tapatalk for another forum I frequent.

Love the app as it does make browsing the forums on a mobile platform that much more friendly and it seems to load faster :)

Thanks for doing this!! :) Now I can check out the forum while on the run easily and use the forum as mobile inspiration when shopping for groceries :D

If any of you have an iPhone/Android and want to post some screen captures of you using the forum with this app.. I'd be most grateful. I don't think Blackberry will do that.. maybe it will but what I meant to say is.. I don't know how to do it and if you do then do it
icon_mrgreen.gif

I'm nervousn to downoad.  The Android market (through Verizon) has pretty bad reviews of the app and I have no problems using the site through my Android browser.

I'll be curious to hear what others have to say

I'm not real familiar with the Android.. my wife has the Motorola Backflip which is one of the original Androids I think and it seems to work well on hers. That's my only experience with Android so maybe other folks who know more than I do about it will come in and enlighten..
icon_biggrin.gif

I'm a little confused? Maybe I'm not very savy on this app stuff, but I load smf on safari on my iPhone & I post & get pics easily? I'm using it now! Other than sometimes the Internet sucks it's just like my notebook? Is there going to be something better on the app?

I just read about the app in the store. Thing that caught my eye is that it says you can upload directly to the site. That would be great for taking pics from my phone & putting them right on my post:):)

Well I bought the app & been playing with it for the last 30 minutes. It is real fast, but I can't seem to get to "new posts" & I tried to find a place to do a test post & maybe upload a pic. I'm not seeing anyway to do this? I'll keep trying!

Well I bought the app & been playing with it for the last 30 minutes. It is real fast, but I can't seem to get to "new posts" & I tried to find a place to do a test post & maybe upload a pic. I'm not seeing anyway to do this? I'll keep trying!

Latest Posts or "New Posts" are turned off for now.. they will be turned on a little later once they get done fully integrating it into the site. I only have the Blackberry version so I am not sure how to start a new post on other phones..

For me when you have a post pulled up and you touch the post with you finger, it brings up an option to reply or quote.

There are a few other folks who use this app for other forums and will know a little more about how it works.. they will weigh in soon I am sure.

[quote name="lupus" url="/forum/thread/103208/tapatalk-mobile-app-is-now-available-for-smf#post_591301"]Okay, just started a new topic in this subsection of the forum using Tapatalk.http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/103214/tapatalk-starting-a-new-post It works and uploading images work :) Thanks for activating and making the forum Tapatalk capable :beercheer:[/quote]

Wow the app just kinda updated itself & all the buttons are there. Pics straight from my phone, faster posting, who's on the site!!

Jeff you are & always have been DA MAN

Okay, just started a new topic in this subsection of the forum using Tapatalk.http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/103214/tapatalk-starting-a-new-post It works and uploading images work :) Thanks for activating and making the forum Tapatalk capable
beercheer.gif

Wow the app just kinda updated itself & all the buttons are there. Pics straight from my phone, faster posting, who's on the site!!

Jeff you are & always have been DA MAN
Glad it's working great for you.. that's exactly what I wanted!!

Works good on my droid liberty

Sent from my HTC Liberty using Tapatalk

Now I'm really getting excited to get my new iPhone!!!!  Bought it Monday and it is "supposed to" arrive tomorrow...but can't really rely on the folks at the post office here on the island getting to it before the work day ends. It will be among the first apps I ad to the phone!

Thanks again to Jeff and the others for stepping up and not only looking into the ideas that members suggest, but implementing them.  

Must be performing some maintenance this evening?  I downloaded the app because I can't stand using safari on my iphone for the forum.  Done up a post with some screen shots and got ready to upload and bam, "The Forum you are visiting is closed!"  I'll give it a try later tonight and see its back up online.

The app seems pretty straightforward and very easy to use on the Iphone.  I've been waiting for something like this and can't wait, now I can browse at work all day! No more worries about the network nazi's at work tracking my browsing! LOL

Thanks, Jeff!

I tried all day and could never post in tapatalk. I read another post (I could log in and read the forum in tapatalk, just couldn't and still can't post) about someone getting marked as spam or something so they couldn't post. I wonder if that is what's happened to me, but only in tapatalk or something?

I'm halfway there, I can read the site in tapatalk. I just can't post. At first I thought it was my phone, but I can still post on all the other boards I frequent in tapatalk.

Test

Edit:
Sweet! I'm in!
If anyone is having trouble, update the tapatalk app. I had been holding off on the update due to some questionable reviews. All the sites I frequent worked just fine but for some reason I couldn't post here. I broke down and installed the update and here I am...
Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky