SV Tri Tip with grilled Artichokes and ABTs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sandyut

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2015
Colorado
Did my first SV TT, WOW! I loved it (sadly wife gave it the too rare thumbs down - its a genetic flaw we have discussed before- her loss. next time i'll need to grill her some more done :( ).

131F for 6 hours, seared on the gasser at about 500 for a minute in each direction to make the cross's. I had frozen it
with Lanes signature rub already applied so it was ultra easy. perfection.
Steamed the artichokes for about 20 till tender, then basted with garli oil and grill on the 500 degree gasser.
ABTs were Kroger Mexican shredded cheese blend with chorizo inside and you know the rest.

IMG_6308.jpg
IMG_6309.jpg
IMG_6310.jpg
IMG_6311.jpg
IMG_6312.jpg

Looks tasty. I have a few trip tips in the freezer. I’ve never cooked artichokes because they look like a pain to prepare from raw. Are they?

Reactions: sandyut
Artichokes are not hard. Grilling them kicks up the flavor big time.

After they are halved or quartered rub them down with a lemon or they will brown rather quickly. you can cut out the "fur" at the center or deal with is while eating. its not all that easy when raw IMO - it tkae a little practice. then steam them till the hears is tender - about 20 min but htis is highly variable based on the size. these can be steamed and held in the refer for a later grill too. thats what I did - i steamed them in the AM and refrigerated them till about 5 and let them get to room temp, then garlic oil and high temp grill to char them.

Did my first SV TT, WOW! I loved it (sadly wife gave it the too rare thumbs down - its a genetic flaw we have discussed before- her loss. next time i'll need to grill her some more done :( ).

131F for 6 hours, seared on the gasser at about 500 for a minute in each direction to make the cross's. I had frozen it
with Lanes signature rub already applied so it was ultra easy. perfection.
Steamed the artichokes for about 20 till tender, then basted with garli oil and grill on the 500 degree gasser.
ABTs were Kroger Mexican shredded cheese blend with chorizo inside and you know the rest.

View attachment 458769View attachment 458770View attachment 458771View attachment 458772View attachment 458773
Looks like you nailed it! Man those peppers look killer!! I could them all day long!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky