Sunday Brisket at the Hacienda

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bdskelly

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 3, 2013
DFW North Texas
Ive been hankering for some low and slow brisket all this week. A coworker compounded the longing while chatting up the Competition he was smoking this weekend in West TX. It's a big event and wish I had the time to go down and see it.

Anywho... Thought I'd do my own competition at the hacienda .  One contestant showed. Me!

So tonight I'm prepping the beef. I started with a 12 pound packer and did a slight bit of trimming. 

Next I get to use my new toy! Bought a new injector this week. Works Great!

Added a new rub I'm trying. And Into the MES at 225. I am using my AMNPS for the smoke. 

Thats all for tonight.  I'll check back on the brisket about 8am tomorrow.

Last edited:
Looks great Brian, I'am all in for this :popcorn. And of coarse I should be expecting an overnight package sometime around, let's say Monday !! :ROTF. Seriously, I can take a day off to sign for it !! :dunno. Now really, looks very nice so far bud !! Thumbs Up Can't wait to see the finished Q view !!

Looking good so far Brian! I'll be checking in on this mañana...I've got a brisky flat in the fridge right now that gets sacrificed in a couple days.

Red

Looks great Brian, I'am all in for this
popcorn.gif
. And of coarse I should be expecting an overnight package sometime around, let's say Monday !!
ROTF.gif
. Seriously, I can take a day off to sign for it !!
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif
. Now really, looks very nice so far bud !!
icon14.gif
Can't wait to see the finished Q view !!
Thanks Justin. We will see how it turns out tomorrow. I'm going to bed while the MES beats the thing into submission. 

Looking good so far Brian! I'll be checking in on this mañana...I've got a brisky flat in the fridge right now that gets sacrificed in a couple days.

Red
Howdy Red.   I'll be looking for your post! See you in the morning!

b

Ive been hankering for some low and slow brisket all this week. A coworker compounded the longing while chatting up the Competition he was smoking this weekend in West TX. It's a big event and wish I had the time to go down and see it.

Thats all for tonight.  I'll check back on the brisket about 8am tomorrow.
There is some mighty amazing brisket cooked out West! Better bring your A game, and put on some Ropers!

Evening Case.  Got lazy and put it on the MES.  But bet the Mini would be great on a smaller flat!
b

The mini would've been a great choice! You. could get a good 6-8 hours of rest on an overnight cook if you loaded the mini right.

Last edited:
It's 9 am the next morning. The brisket now has an Internal Temp of 152.  So we have a way to go before dinner.  

But take a look at the bark that new rub helped make.! Looks tasty!  Im going to let that bark firm up just a bit more then begin an occasional light mop. 

ll 

b

Last edited:
Morning Brian!

That's lookin' like its gonna be delicious...nice bark developing!  You mentioned you were trying a new rub...is it a commercial rub or a new home recipe?

Red

Morning Brian!

That's lookin' like its gonna be delicious...nice bark developing!  You mentioned you were trying a new rub...is it a commercial rub or a new home recipe?

Red
Thanks Red. It is a home recipe. A variation of the old standby. I'm tweaking sugar content and adding a few mystery powders.  So far it's pretty. But shooting for delicious!  LOL

Happy Sunday my friend. 

b

This is looking so good. You and cfarmer have almost got me to break down and make a mini by the way. My wife hates you.

Disco

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky