Sunday Brisket at the Hacienda

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

This is looking so good. You and cfarmer have almost got me to break down and make a mini by the way. My wife hates you.

Disc
Shoot man  They only cost 100 bucks US. Thats only $75 Canadian! Your problem is finding the Tamale pot up there.  Too bad you have no friends in Texas where they are cheap and readily available to ship you one.  hint hint. b

Last edited:

Shoot man  They only cost 100 bucks US. Thats only $75 Canadian! Your problem is finding the Tamale pot up there.  Too bad you have no friends in Texas where they are cheap and readily available to ship you one.  hint hint. b
I have the Smokey Joe Gold and what has been holding me back is the pot. I would be happy to send you the money but would be loathe to bother you.

Actually, I have just found an IMUSA 32 Quart Steamer pot on Ebay that will ship here. Is that the right item?

Folks... This brisket turned out great. Perfect tender texture with just the right amount of "snap" to the slice when you bit on it. The rub was spot on. It barked perfectly and enhanced the beef rather than over powered. I injected a simple mixture of beef broth with a dash of the rub. The smoke was courtesy of AMNPS 3/4 full with the Pit Master Blend. 12 pounds or brisket smoked at 225 took 14 hours to hit 170 internal temp. It was then wrapped in foil and taken to 190.  Then taken off the smoker and rested for 1 hour before slicing. 

And here is what happened...

Damn that brisky looks good ....

Actually, I have just found an IMUSA 32 Quart Steamer pot on Ebay that will ship here. Is that the right item?

Disco.. the IMUSA is the pot I used for my build.. bought at Walmart ....

Looks like it turned out great man! 
drool.gif

Oooohhhh, if that tastes half as good as it looks, dang !! Wow !! Nice job Brian !! :biggrin:

Justin

Looks great Brian!

I joined KCBS so I can get a day pass to Restaurant Depot, seems that is the only place to find packers up this way. So I'm told...

Excellent job!
icon14.gif

Folks... This brisket turned out great. Perfect tender texture with just the right amount of "snap" to the slice when you bit on it. The rub was spot on. It barked perfectly and enhanced the beef rather than over powered. I injected a simple mixture of beef broth with a dash of the rub. The smoke was courtesy of AMNPS 3/4 full with the Pit Master Blend. 12 pounds or brisket smoked at 225 took 14 hours to hit 170 internal temp. It was then wrapped in foil and taken to 190.  Then taken off the smoker and rested for 1 hour before slicing.

And here is what happened...

Brian - I think on the next one, I'll do the pull and wrap method. Maybe that will help? I just don't want it to ruin the texture of the bark. Have you noticed that when you wrap?

Brian - I think on the next one, I'll do the pull and wrap method. Maybe that will help? I just don't want it to ruin the texture of the bark. Have you noticed that when you wrap?
Howdy Gal

If you like a crunchy kind of bark then you will lose a bit of that texture doing your brisket this way,  But as you can see it won't be dry. 

Brian

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky