Stuffed Pork Loin (q-view)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lee forst

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
Good old U-S-of-A
Today I'm smoking a stuffed pork loin. I started out by going to the farmer's market this morning to pick up a few things. I got some fresh basil from a sweet little old lady ($0.50 a bag!). I also picked up some fresh blackberries and peaches, which will be used for a crisp (another post maybe). Anyhow, I made basil pesto with the basil, fresh garlic, EVOO, salt, and pepper. Then I butterfly'd the loin and spread the pesto on it. Then I put Prosciutto and Provolone on it. I rolled it up, tied it, and spread some more pesto on the outside and then sprinkled Mrs. Dash on it. I wrapped it up tight in some plastic wrap it now it is in the fridge getting all happy. I will put it on the smoker later today and I will be sure to post the results.

Have a great weekend!
34547d3a_vbattach18843.jpg

ea4a2729_vbattach18842.jpg

fecdc070_vbattach18841.jpg

Looks like a great start and I'll be looking forward to more Qview thanks for sharing

These things are gettin in my head! Lee, if yours turns out a fraction of how good krusher's did last week, it will be awesome! lookin forward to seeing that sliced up!

Here is the loin. I had rave reviews (was there any doubt?!?!). It wasn't until I cut into it that I realized I forgot to add the sun dried tomatoes. Oh well, just means I need to make it again!
cbbf8f61_vbattach18865.jpg

9d1b4750_vbattach18864.jpg

f15ba2b3_vbattach18863.jpg

You had me at loin...but ya had to throw the crisp in there...please please, what is that sinful, decadent purely unholy recipe??
I must have it....OH LA LA!!!
AMAZING Q-Vue....gosh!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Here ya go BBQGoddess (only because I love your name!)

2/3 c all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons rolled oats (I just used Quaker)
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped and toasted
2 cups blackberries (picked directly from the field!)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
4 clingstone peaches (they are better for baking)
2 tablespoons orange juice
2 tablespoons honey

Preheat oven to 375
For the topping, put into food processor flour, oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon, and process briefly to mince the oats. Add the butter and process until it looks moist and begins to clump a little. Stir in by hand pecans. Put mixture into fridge.

In large saucepan over high heat, stir together the blackberries, peaches, sugar, orange juice, and cornstarch. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring, until the mixture is slightly think and shiny, about 3 -5 minutes. Pour mixture into baking dish and crumble the topping over the fruit mixture and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the dish from the oven and drizzle the honey over topping and return to oven for 5 more minutes. Let it cool down for about 30 minutes and then scoop some into a bowl and top it off with some homemade vanilla ice cream.

ENJOY!

Now thats a feast looks awesome
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Lee, now that's a q-view! Thanks for the crisp recipe too. My SMF recipe file is getting nice and bulky now. Got my computer trained to sniff out the best, cut-n-paste, and drop in the file. Sure will try this one soon.

Great job Lee! I had so much "MMMMMMMMMM-MMMMMMMMMM" going off in my head, I would have never noticed the SDT-maters were missing!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky