Stuffed Pork Loin (Apple)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Looks great and sounds great! Probably better with the pie filling than with applesauce.
Thanks Todd !!

I thought about Apple Sauce, but I figured when it gets hot, it will get runny, and run out the ends.

Bear

Thanks Bear for this fantastic idea!  Will be stopping at the store this afternoon to pick up a couple of loins w/fruit filling for tomorrow's project.  I've done stuffed loins w/homemade chorizo and fresh fruit salsa (lots of work) and always enjoyed them.  I like your ideas and this looks like easy prep and I like easy prep with full flavors :)
Thanks BM !!!

I think you'll find most of my smokes are "easy prep".
PDT_Armataz_01_01.gif

Bear

That looks soooo good.  Would be great for a Fall meal.....I would add sweet taters and/or turnip greens and some corn bread!

Made me drool!  
drool.gif

Kat
Thank You Kat !!!

Bear

Looks awesome! Shouldn't "close up" read "bear view" instead? Either way I'm adding to my to do soon list.
Thanks Teez!!!

No longer allowed.

Bear

As usual, you are an innovator, Bear. Also the Qview and instructions are great.

Sadly, now there is on more thing on my to do list!

points1.png

Disco
Thank You Disco!!

Bear

Looks good, sounds pretty dang tastee........You inspire, I am now thinking what a rolled up loin with home made apple butter would be like. Gonna put that on my list, I just did 4 whole loins, its time for something else...... but apple butter. Hmmmmmm........

Lookin Good Senor~Bear!
Thanks Foamy!!

I thought about Apple Sauce & Apple Butter, but I'm thinking it would get thinner when hot, and run out the ends.

Bear

Self basting! LOL
LOL---Yeah, but the bottom of my smoker doesn't need basting.

I think next time I'll make them a little smaller so they'll fit on a wire rack inside my foil pans (9" X 11").

Bear
Looks great Bear. Going to try this tomorrow!
Great---Let us know how it comes out!!

And Thanks,

Bear

Was this sweet with the pie filling? That would have been my concern, but it looks like it turned out fantastic. May have to try this with peach over some of Todd's peach pellets.

Also curious what the point of turning the smoker back to 100* for the last half an hour was?

Last edited:
Was this sweet with the pie filling? That would have been my concern, but it looks like it turned out fantastic. May have to try this with peach over some of Todd's peach pellets.

Also curious what the point of turning the smoker back to 100* for the last half an hour was?
The Pork was not sweet at all. Our Son was worried about that, because he doesn't like anything sweet, including the BBQ sauce Mrs Bear makes.

I'm not picky---I like Mrs Bear's BBQ sauce & the Spicy BBQ sauce our Son makes. Everybody here loved this stuffed Pork loin.

Sometimes instead of removing something from the smoker, covering it in foil & towels, and putting it in a cooler, I just cover it in foil, cut the heat back to 100*, and leave it in my MES 40 until it's time to eat. I also open the door to let the heat get down below what the meat temp is. The meat stops cooking and it can't tell where it is. I guess maybe it thinks it's in the cooler. LOL

Bear

The Pork was not sweet at all. Our Son was worried about that, because he doesn't like anything sweet, including the BBQ sauce Mrs Bear makes.
I'm not picky---I like Mrs Bear's BBQ sauce & the Spicy BBQ sauce our Son makes. Everybody here loved this stuffed Pork loin.

Sometimes instead of removing something from the smoker, covering it in foil & towels, and putting it in a cooler, I just cover it in foil, cut the heat back to 100*, and leave it in my MES 40 until it's time to eat. I also open the door to let the heat get down below what the meat temp is. The meat stops cooking and it can't tell where it is. I guess maybe it thinks it's in the cooler. LOL

Bear
Thanks Bear... much appreciated. Picking one up today.

looks great as always bear! and i was just telling my friends this past friday about wanting to stuff a loin with apples on friday, but i needed to find someone on the forum whos done it...lol. shoulda known there would be a step by step by bear floating around in here. lol. was also thinking about using canned apple filling since i just so happened to have a can lyin around the pantry from our daddy/daughter empanada bake.lol. thanks bud.

looks delicious. I see pork tenderloins are on sale where i'm at im gonna give it a whirl this weekend
Thank You Much!!

I would think Pork Tenderloins would be a little small for stuffing. Go with Pork Loins---Much bigger.

Bear

Thank You Much!!

I would think Pork Tenderloins would be a little small for stuffing. Go with Pork Loins---Much bigger.

Bear
Yeah, thats what I meant. I'm kind of new to this but what is the difference in using the AMNES vs the wood chips? I also have a MES 40, havent had any problems with it yet, but if i can improve it I will.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky