Steak Preferences

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What is your favorite cut of beef ????

• Prime rib

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Porterhouse

• T -bone

• Ribeye

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Filet

• NY Strip

• other

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

griz400

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Mar 27, 2016
ALSO When you answer, tell how how you like it ............

Hands down King of Steaks...Rib Steak from the Large End ( chuck end ) Bone # 6 or # 7. Seared hard and Med/Rare....JJ

I prefer a strip steak and have to go medium med rare doesn't seem to digest that well.

Im a porterhouse man myself...sometimes i go medium sometimes med rare. depends on my mood.

Happy Smoking,

phatbac (Aaron)

Ribeye. Meduim Rare. But I voted Prime Rib because its the same cut of beef and I assume you mean PRIME grade, so of course I would pick that out of that list.
thumbsup.gif

Ribeye.  Rare to barely medium rare for me.  Medium rare for Mrs Ray.  Lightly spray with olive oil, then a light dusting of Montreal Steak Seasoning pressed into the meat.  Sear over high heat 3 minutes a side, then indirect cooking for a few minutes to the desired doneness (4 minutes for mine, 8 for hers). 

Filet medium with some black ops beef rub. And a side of onions and mushrooms. I'm definitely getting into doing this in a reverse sear style with pecan pellets.

Ribeye.  Rare to barely medium rare for me.  Medium rare for Mrs Ray.  Lightly spray with olive oil, then a light dusting of Montreal Steak Seasoning pressed into the meat.  Sear over high heat 3 minutes a side, then indirect cooking for a few minutes to the desired doneness (4 minutes for mine, 8 for hers). 
Update to what I posted above.  Still love rib eye, but now I spray with oil, lightly dust with the MSS, press it into the meat, wrap tightly in saran wrap, and stick in the fridge for 1-3 days to dry brine.  Then onto the grill for the direct/indirect cooking mentioned above.  That dry brining in the fridge has stepped up the flavor another notch.  I've read that it also makes the meat more tender, probably due to the salt denaturing the proteins, but I haven't noticed any real difference in tenderness.  I have noticed that it eliminates the metallic taste that you can sometimes get from wet-aged beef. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky