Steak and Baon wrapped potatos...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ellymae

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 21, 2009
Southeastern PA
Saw a thread about bacon wrapped potatos and had to try them.
I nuked some potatos to give them a head start, then cut them and hollowed them out a bit.
Took what I scooped out and added some bleu cheese, then added it all back to the shells - lidded them then wrapped in bacon...

Threw them on the Egg for a while...

Gave a steak a little salt and pepper -

6 minutes later....

After a 5 minute wait.....

The potatos are terribly visually appealing, but they were darn tasty.

MMM Steak and potatoes and bacon.. It dont get no betah than that !!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

if you are saying you don't like the look of them......i do. i like the look.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Thanks - the outside looks good, it's the inside that is bland looking - I was hoping for more of a difference with the cheese, but bleu isn't really that colorful huh?

Elly!

Don't know where the "not visually" something comment came from... I'm slobbering all over myslef! Very interesting on the potatoes, I've never seen them slapped back together.
points.gif
to ya for a learn'n me something new.
Tracey

6:30 in the morning here and I am headed to the store to get me some steak and potatoes!!! Looks delicious, fine job!!!!

I must say, that has many variations which could be done, and all of them would be great...twice-baked gone to a new level...this looks like a winner to me! Oh, my wheels are turning already!

Thanks for sharing, ellymae!

Eric

i personaly don't care for blue chz but that is just me. if it were me i'd do pepperjack and green onions. also you could do a little cream chz and some ligtly sauteed asparagus and red bell pepper strips for color.

Steak, potatoes and bacon. She's got 3 of the 4 food groups. The only one not pictured is beer, but I'm sure she tooK care of that.
That is definitely on my ever expanding to do list of things I've seen on SMF. Awesome, Awesome, Awesome !!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Those look incredible! One of the best things about this forum is sparking idea's. I have a great twice baked potato stuffing that should work great for this style of cooking them. Maybe we should call these stuffed potato fatties? I can even see stuffing these with double smoked ham and onion. kind of a scalloped stuffed potato.. Man my gears are churning. How long did you nuke them for?

GREAT POST!

Man oh Man those look good ellymae. I like the blue cheese you added to the potatoes I know you could taste it. It might reach out a grab you but it will with it's own flavor thou. Now for your steak you smoked that beautfully and I'm sure it was very tastey too.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I went 5 minutes - these were small spuds. I pre-ccoked the potatos because I don't like my bacon really crispy - if you do, you you may not want to precook.

I had 2 potatos left over - I think they will get chopped up and have some eggs added to them for supper...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky