Stainless Steel Drum Build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
So I have been pretty busy but found some time this afternoon to work on this build.

It really only needs some paint now at this point.  I will have to throw some charcoal in it and see how it holds temp.  I may have to add another air intake.

To make a diffuser I took part of the 32qt steamer pot that I had and wire tied it to the bottom rack - I think it will work out great and it's removable for cleaning.

Last edited:
Approaching 200. I think I will need more air. I will have to grab another valve and plumbing tomorrow...

Getting my tapatalk on!

Approaching 200. I think I will need more air. I will have to grab another valve and plumbing tomorrow...

Getting my tapatalk on!
Yea do more air than you'll need.  Worst case it helps get your fire hotter quicker.   My last drum i put in four 3/4 " nipples.   Heck my little mini wsm has four 1 inch and I open all those up to  get things hotter quicker. 

Even if they dont cook real great they are PURTY.I have a feeling once you dial them in you have a winner.I would put these in the same grade as having a country girl model hahaahahahahaha

Dan

I'd say more air and you'll be able to smoke anywhere from 180-500+. My UDS's have always had (3) 3/4" intakes. My mini has (2) 3/4" intake plus the stock lower vent that comes with the Smokey Joe Silver. With both units I can smoke as low as 180, or hotter than my digital therms can read, 400+.

5ehu9abu.jpg

I drew this up, thinking about putting it on smoker...

Getting my tapatalk on!

I am super excited - I have a picnic to do on Friday night into Saturday...can't wait to do the overnight smoke with no worries...

Depending on what it could quickly get up too put another  nipple on because you want it to be able to get over 400*.... just if too get it hot quickly but  most importantly  for when you cook POULTRY!     Good luck. 

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky