SQWIBS Macaroni and Cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
This recipe sounds great going to give it a try next weekend. I'm a bit confused on the macaroni measures. I take it as 2 cups before boil. Please let me know if that is right. If it's after cooking would you know the quantity?

Thanks

RG

This recipe sounds great going to give it a try next weekend. I'm a bit confused on the macaroni measures. I take it as 2 cups before boil. Please let me know if that is right. If it's after cooking would you know the quantity?

Thanks

RG

Reread post #1.... I don't know which recipe you are making...

Thanks

RG
2 cups uncooked

Made 4 batches this past weekend for a small little BBQ and people completely raved about it.  Ended up going through 6 half pans!

Thanks

RG
Reread post #1.... I don't know which recipe you are making...
I can see where the confusion was, I edited the post to be more specific

Sqwib...thanks much for the clarification. Can't wait to try it!!

Hey Foam who's on first?? I do agree to have a beer and discuss, we might be able solve world hunger too! LOL

Sqwib,

I gave this recipe a try for a pot luck picnic.  It is great, good cheesy taste, creamy smooth. 

Its definitely going in my recipe book!

Thanks for sharing!

RG

Made 4 batches this past weekend for a small little BBQ and people completely raved about it.  Ended up going through 6 half pans!

Sqwib,

I gave this recipe a try for a pot luck picnic.  It is great, good cheesy taste, creamy smooth. 

Its definitely going in my recipe book!

Thanks for sharing!

RG
 I am tickled pink that many folks are enjoying this recipe.

Sqwib,

Gonna try your recipe for Christmas with smoked baby backs, I'm feeding 23 people, how many batches do you recommend? We are big eaters up here in northern Wisconi!
Well... mac and cheese is a side so I would say two trays would be fine, I would not make too much it don't freeze well IIRC.

Maybe some others such as  Demosthenes9 who went thru 6 half pans, will chime in.

Please take some pics and post back here with your results or link to your post, good luck and enjoy!

Last edited:

Sqwib awesome,awesome recipe, this made for a great Christmas, I did two batches of your mac and cheese
Along with 13 racks of baby backs, cornbread and slaw, its a new Christmas tradition at our house from now on,
Awesome.
Forgot to mention we fed 23 adults and 8 children, two pans were the correct amount when using as a side!
That's great and very useful information.

I think the reason the mac n' cheese goes a bit further than most is that it is very rich.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky