Spatchy on the mini!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Mighty nice effort!  The color is stupendous and it looks like none of that was left over at the end of that meal. 
icon14.gif
Thanks Frosty. Believe it or not there was a we bit left over, just enough for my lunch!

Good looking Bird. The lighting on some of the shots looks a bit muddled, but the others have a grerat Mahogony color. Love that rich reddish color.
Thanks Stan! Yeah I was playing around with some filters on my camera, which I normally don't do. But I had a request to use some for a client so I thought I'd check them out. I don't like to use them when shooting food, because in my mind that's false advertising! In fact I feel that way about post editing food shots too!

You have a me jealous. I get $800. out of $1000. every month; don't go far and with bills the Wife's Every Other Week checks don't do much more than have us at a little more than week to week living..
frown.gif

WE have months when we save $ 400. /month ; we set that in a Christmas Fund and we have enough to do a nice party for the Son's B-Day and My B-Day and still have a good Christmas .
yahoo.gif

not a bad way to go , and gives you a great sense of Graditude to the Lord that we can live a good life.

Have fun doing the Holiday Ques , and as you go . . .

Case-once again you have shown what our mini's can do. My wife works at Kmart and told me that they just got a shipment of the Imusa Tamale pots in and most of them are the 32 qt size. I see another mini in my future. I did a (root)beer butt chicken a couple of weeks ago on the mini and Ma had me make some homemade chciken noodle soup out of the left overs. Just gotta try a spatched bird now.

BigTrain-you gotta build one-once you got all of the parts, you can assemble it in an hours time.

The only change I did to mine since the inital build was to take the steamer tray and a large Harbor Freight step drill bit and drilled every other hole out to 1 1/4 inch on the two outer rows. I then took 4 bolts (3/4 inches long), 8 nuts and 8 fender washers and sandwiched the tray with a washer and a nut and raised up my terra cotta saucer for better circulation. These bolts were placed in a 7 in X 7 in square pattern in the center of the steamer tray. (See my not so techincal for details)

Case-once again you have shown what our mini's can do. My wife works at Kmart and told me that they just got a shipment of the Imusa Tamale pots in and most of them are the 32 qt size. I see another mini in my future. I did a (root)beer butt chicken a couple of weeks ago on the mini and Ma had me make some homemade chciken noodle soup out of the left overs. Just gotta try a spatched bird now.

BigTrain-you gotta build one-once you got all of the parts, you can assemble it in an hours time.

The only change I did to mine since the inital build was to take the steamer tray and a large Harbor Freight step drill bit and drilled every other hole out to 1 1/4 inch on the two outer rows. I then took 4 bolts (3/4 inches long), 8 nuts and 8 fender washers and sandwiched the tray with a washer and a nut and raised up my terra cotta saucer for better circulation. These bolts were placed in a 7 in X 7 in square pattern in the center of the steamer tray. (See my not so techincal for details)
Thanks Dutch! Its a good thing that there haven't been any Smokey Joes on Craigslist here lately, I'd be adding a third Mini to my collection if there was! This weekend I am going to smoke some ribs and put a batch of your beans on the bottom rack in the mini! Can't wait!

Sounds like its going to be Ham instead of ribs! Those beans will go really nice with the ham and some scalloped taters!

How does the Mini hold up in cold weather?  talking like 10-35 degrees??  Windy?  
It does excellent in cold temps and in windy conditions. Currently here it is 10° and nor going to get any warmer than 25°. I smoke year round and it is my go to smoker. Keep in mend that like an smoker the more you shelter it from the wind the better. Since the mini is so small, you can move it into sheltered areas easily and make buffers easier than for a large smoker. Like bigger smokers you will urn more fuel when its colder or windy. I have no problems setting a temp and letting it go. I will be smoking tonight, 5°-8° and I am not concerned at all.

It does excellent in cold temps and in windy conditions. Currently here it is 10° and nor going to get any warmer than 25°. I smoke year round and it is my go to smoker. Keep in mend that like an smoker the more you shelter it from the wind the better. Since the mini is so small, you can move it into sheltered areas easily and make buffers easier than for a large smoker. Like bigger smokers you will urn more fuel when its colder or windy. I have no problems setting a temp and letting it go. I will be smoking tonight, 5°-8° and I am not concerned at all.
Thanks good to know, I am thinking of starting a build of a Mini here soon.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky