Spare Rib prep question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
When I took off the membrane, I used a regular old butter knofe just to get some grip on the membrane, the rest came off easy as pie with a paper towel.

Lucy says thanks for the compliments.

Now the bad news is the ribs were ruined. refer to my temp problem post. Something about the leftover alcohol in the wood and the aluminum's direct contact with the electrical heating element made the bottom of the pie plate go ker-plewie making a bunch of smoke (the bad kind) come billowing out of every crevace it could come out of.

My solution to this problem I think will be to get a base for a terra cotta pot and use that on the hot plate. It will take a little longer to warm up but it will work a lot better in the long run i believe.

Time to get up, dust off, and get back on the horse.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky