Spam Trick

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fltsfshr

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 8, 2015
Do you get lots of robot or delayed response spam callers? Here's a little trick. When you suspect a spam call answer with the following.
"MAY I HELP YOU? THIS CALL IS BEING RECORDED"
Not only do they hang up but in most instances it removes you from their dialing list and you won't get repeating calls back. Try it.

So This is an official SPAM trick? :)
By the way it works. Their system hears the word recorded and it's an auto cutoff.
Tomorrow morning I cooking SPAM for breakfast.

Back when it was real people making the cold call, I would reply "This call may be recorded for my protection and your prosecution."
I either heard click or what?

I don't accept calls from numbers not in directory.

Reactions: chopsaw
I block 2+ calls daily from spam callers. I let it go to voice-mail, then block their number. I've had this same cell number since 2001.

There are several apps and phone carriers that can automatically block apps. Some are still able to leave a robocall voicemail but I don't here the ring. I also won't answer if it not in my contacts or at least area code.

When it was an actual human being. We used to set our phone to forward the repeat offenders to the attorney generals office. They stopped for a while. Now we just don't pick up anymore unless we recognize the number, but that is getting harder to do with the ghosting of names and numbers. It's pretty sad when your own phone number spams you.

Chris

• Haha
Reactions: clifish
When it was an actual human being. We used to set our phone to forward the repeat offenders to the attorney generals office. They stopped for a while. Now we just don't pick up anymore unless we recognize the number, but that is getting harder to do with the ghosting of names and numbers. It's pretty sad when your own phone number spams you.

Chris
Had my own number call few weeks back. Didn't answer because I thought it might be me.

These people are tricky. My buddy got a spam call from his number. How the hell do they do that?
Al

I work for a county prosecutor's office. It's amazing, but I sometimes get these calls at work. Even after I give the standard greeting, they will launch into whatever sales pitch they're reading from. As soon as I tell them again where they've called, and that their number has been logged, they hang up immediately.

I work for a county prosecutor's office. It's amazing, but I sometimes get these calls at work. Even after I give the standard greeting, they will launch into whatever sales pitch they're reading from. As soon as I tell them again where they've called, and that their number has been logged, they hang up immediately.
Darned if one of them didn't just call!

• Haha
Reactions: chilerelleno
Nowadays you have to be really careful. They record your voice and use certain words like "Yes" so they can authorize charges on your credit cards and if you answer then they know that a live person is at the other end and you'll end up on a bigger spammers list.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky