Soon to be MES30 owner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Howdy Cnnart!

Welcome to the forum! We appreciate you joining our group of cooking enthusiasts. I always suggest all the new folks check out Jeff's Smoking E Course.  Lots of great information and best of all it is completely free!

In addition we have a MES Group that can help with the care of your unit and any upgrades your thinking about! Enjoy your stay with us. Ask questions and join our discussions.  You'll find this to be a wonderful community of people.

Brian 

So should I order the Gen 1 MES from amazon or sportsman's guide then? I am really new to this and don't want to spend a huge amount of money on a smoker. I guess being cheap in this instance isn't the best route but I don't want to go crazy buying $300 smokers just yet. Also anything on the heating elements of the Gen 1 not being replaceable or burning out quickly?
I don't like to spend other people's money but if Lowes takes the Gen #2 back, I would Order the Gen #1 from the place that gives you the best price.

I should also mention that I originally got the MES 30, and after about a year of cutting Rib racks in half, and only being able to get 7 pounds of Beef sticks in at a time, I got the MES 40.

If I would have gotten the MES 40 Gen #1 the first time, I would have saved the $179 I paid for the MES 30.

Just something to thin about.

Bear

Welcome to SMF. These guys are wealth of knowledge. I have a MES 40. I love it!  Join the MES group. You will learn a whole bunch about MES from mods to all the positives and negatives that everyone has. Good luck and happy smoking. Rob
Where is the MES group?

Go to the groups tab at the top of the home page. On page 2 midway down is the MES group.

I live in the Salt lake city area and I just ordered my first ever smoker, a Masterbuilt electric 30". I believe it is a gen 1 based off of the part number on the site but I am still excited to get started. Any tips on how to upgrade it will be welcomed as will any tips on cooking, rubs and sauces. My wife and I love pulled pork, carolina style, and I recently got introduced to burnt ends and they were what convinced me I needed a smoker. Gods candy those things are.  
I bought the digital Mes from Amazon for 140.00 and i love it so far. It heats very fast and smokes like crazy. Just did a boston butt and had some awesome pulled pork. The butt does stall at 161 degrees for about five hours so it took 12 hours to smoke.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky