Something new? Scotch Fatty with pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well it took a while but here are the pics of my try with this. Everyone loved them. Kids thoght they were te coolest thing. Thanks for the idea

going in egg on bottom corn rubbed with butter and sealed up just a test.

Thanks Zilla for a great idea on a another way to make a fatty . Two thumbs up
c7ecd389_vbattach14529.jpg

This oughta be GREAT with pickled eggs!!...Especially my 'Cajun Style Smoked Pickled Eggs'!!...

Watch out for the after-effects though!...They're positively NUCLEAR!!!...
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif

Until later...

I am trying another round of your egg fatty. I think you had it right at just 3 eggs per fatty. any more than that and the sausage is too thin and the eggs fall out when you slice them. Also to help the eggs stay cut thicker slicer. You rock!

Weird... I just put a dozen eggs on for some beef-pork fatty stuffing...and never heard of this! I was gonna chop 'em up, but that's sooo pretty.... hmmm.. now what to do with the red kidney beans I was gonna add...

Ohhh..maybe tuck a few into the yolk!

Being a Scot, have had authentic Scotch eggs but those pics look absolutely georgious!! Gotta try that this weekend.

got it. like i said in my rep posting. You eat with your eyes before you eat with your mouth and this guy dominated

I hit him with points as soon as I saw the q-view. I love the egg thing on the 4th one this weekend.My mouth waters everytime I see that pic.

Now, for the perfect hard boiled egg to go inside of the fatty, read on.

1. Add as many eggs as you would like to a pan and add cold water until the eggs are covered with an inch of water.

2. Put the pan on the stove and run at high heat until the water begins to roll to a boil.

3. Remove the pan from the heat. And I don't mean, just kill the burner and leave the pan on it. Take the pan completely off the burner, or move it to a rack on the counter. But leave the eggs in the water.

4. Set a timer for 10 minutes and wait. (or drink a beer if it is after 7 AM)

5. About 7 minutes into it, get a bowl and add enough ice and water to fully cover the eggs.

6. After your 10 minute timer goes off, move the eggs into the ice water with tongs. Don't you dare pour the hot water into the ice water bath. Move the eggs one by one into the ice water.

7. Set another timer for 5 minutes. (drink another beer)

8. After 5 minutes, peel, salt and bite. The yellow yolk will be a sunshine gold and won't be chalky and hard at all. You will wish you had read this years ago!

Now, I can only imagine what an egg cooked this way would taste like inside of the fatty's above. That my friends, would be heavenly! In fact, in October I am cooking breakfast for my work, maybe Scottish Eggs (or Prison Balls if you don't slice the egg and wrap it instead in the fatty) will be on the menu!

My tile man is a British guy, and he started getting interested in my smokin' stuff. He puts eggs in his meatloaf.....so, I made him a smoked meatloaf with dry rub rolled hard boiled eggs inside and it was a hit. You can put them in there too!

Good Pics Zilla!!!!!! I can't wait to try that!

BTW Have you ever tried deer hunting? Maybe make a DEER EGG FATTY!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky