So what do YOU have planned for Easter Dinner?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by plume-o-smoke, Mar 31, 2015.

1. plume-o-smoke

plume-o-smoke Fire Starter

Just curious what you all have planned for Sunday. And looking for ideas.

2. frosty

frosty Master of the Pit

Volunteering at a local animal rescue site, training dogs to get a furever home.

3. Twice Smoked Ham with Curry Spiced Pineapple Sauce 

Wicked Baked Beans

Broccoli Salad

Potato Salad

Pea Salad

Hawaiian Rolls

Deviled Eggs

Rice Krispie Eggs

Eclair Torte

Bunny Cake

No Bake Strawberry Shortcake

6 kids with spouses and 22 grandchildren, not all coming but we'll be busy!

4. ristau5741

ristau5741 Meat Mopper

Twice Smoked Ham here too.  haven't figured out the rest of the menu. maybe I'll borrow some of frog's ideas.

5. Borrow away!   If you need info on anything, let me know ........ most of it is pretty basic.  We used to try a lot of fancy stuff, found with the the family everyone was just as happy with good old standards.  Except the Wicked Baked Beans, got the recipe from Dutch here on the forum a year or so ago, can't have the kids over without making Dutch's Wicked Baked Beans.  Seems like there are never any leftovers for the beans, no matter how big a pot we make.

[​IMG]

6. tropics

tropics Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Baked smoked Ham

Sweet Potatoes 

Manicotti with home made Ricotta 

Okoy ( mung bean sprouts home grown) will do a separate thread for this

Cannolis for desert, You guessed  home made filling

7. I have a butt in the pail now.....
    Smoke it on Friday and smoke it again on Sunday morning.

8. joe black

joe black Master of the Pit OTBS Member

If I have any ham or other goodies, it will be take-out. With a hip replacement and a 70th birthday in the same week, I'll be lucky to make it to the dining room. Please send many pics so I can drool a lot. Joe

9. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Hopefully , RIBS. . .

10. bigd3077

bigd3077 Meat Mopper

I was just thinking about what I'm cooking. Still undecided.

11. c farmer

c farmer Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Eating. ALOT.

Going to my mothers for a oven ham with all the other fixens. It will be a full table.

12. thegambler19

thegambler19 Newbie

Still undecided, probably pot roast and my wife's pineapple upside down cake. The children are planning to cook something too, so if they want something for Easter, we'll try to make it.

Cooking is like gambling, you never know what you'll get.

13. trabba

trabba Fire Starter

We are having ham at my wife's insistence and the only ham I have ever found to actually like is from Honey Baked Ham Co so will be picking that up on Friday. The rest of the menu is hash brown casserole, green bean casserole, Hawaiian Sweet Rolls, and a pie from a local shop for dessert (undecided on flavor yet). 

14. What is "Rice krispie eggs? (Post on top)  I like rice crispies, but eggs?

I'm going to do 2 Boston butts.  One with a pineapple marinade, the other will be BBQ.

15. Rice Krispies treats formed in a plastic egg with a chocolate center then add sprinkles for color ...... or make them with a colored cereal like fruity pebbles.

16. busy

busy Newbie

How do you make your wicked baked beans??  sounds interesting. 

17. So you could add a Hershey's Kiss in the center.

18. I've made a variation of the Wicked Beans.  Almost same recipe, but also add the larger Butter beans.