So long Brinkman, I finally got my WSM!!!!! :)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
 I don't trim my ribs because I like all the meat, I'm paying for it, so I'm gonna cook and eat it :)  I do pull the membrane off though!  I'll look into a stacker though
I used to do mine like that, but realized the ends usually end up dry by the time the center section is done so I just trim and cook adobo with the trimmings. 

I'll take that into consideration next time I do ribs...can't find a good price on them right now :/  Winco wanted nearly $4 a pound!!!  And Winco is our "cheap" store, not bad like a grocery outlet, but comprable to a Food4Less, a lot of the time, they have better pricing than Walmart...I'll check Costco in a few days.  I don't trim my ribs because I like all the meat, I'm paying for it, so I'm gonna cook and eat it :)  I do pull the membrane off though!  I'll look into a stacker though
Trim the ribs, and then smoke the trimmings on the lower rack. If you trim the ribs ro St. Lois cut you can fit 3 racks flat on a 22.5" WSM, another option is to buy a rib rack, I have the Weber rib rack and can fit up to 7 racks of St. Lois cut ribs on one grate.

I buy all my ribs at either Costco or Cash and Carry, usually get them for $1.99 to $2.99 per lb. depending on sales. Brisket I only buy at Cash and Carry, usually about $1.88 to $2.50 per lb.

JIRodriguez

I only have the 18.5 WSM so a rack wont fit flat

I get all my briskets from Cash and Carry too...last time I was there, I saw their ribs are cheaper per lb than Costco, but you only get 2 racks in a package instead of the 3 racks

I'll look into trimming ribs on a future smoking session

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky