Smoking cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I made a 4 pound bag of smoked almonds 2 weeks ago. Down to about 1/2 pound already. Can't help but throw a handful into my mouth everytime I walk by them. They're delicious

Well then you need to give these a try every year I do a holiday gift basket for family and friends and this is the number one requested item. Scarbelly's Sweet Spicy Nuts. I lurked here for along time before joining and it was Scarbelly's post and Bearcarver's post that sucked me in, RIP Scarbelly!

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/154167/the-holiday-nuts

Whatever you are smoking, if there is room, don't forget to add a tray or saucer of sea salt. Smoked salt adds a little extra to a meal when used as a condiment. 

Once again thanks Wade your smoking thing that I never thought of but we will give it a try what time frame does the salt need couple of hours or a shorter time

Salt can take a lot of smoke. I usually leave mine in overnight when I am smoking my salmon fillets.

I tried smoking paprika a few times. Can't get it to stay on the grates. Keeps falling off.
LOL - I assume you did smoke the sweet peppers before you ground them 
biggrin.gif

You can smoke ready ground paprika though by spreading it out on a flat dish.

I have cheddar in my fridge vacuum sealed that has been there 2 years and is fine.  everyone says 2 weeks rest before tasting. but i go a minimum of 30 days.

yes I can believe that I have a food saver unit and use it a lot best thing ever built still doing some searching on smoke generators  for up here in Canada found the one that is $34.00 in states and is $79.00 up here disgusting

First time smoking cheese on an electric smoker. Smoked it two times heating the smoker to 150 adding cheese ( two pounds sharp cheddar and two pounds of Colby) above a rack of a tray of ice and a tin foiled rack to keep heat down and smoking for twenty mins.

Next I let the smoker cool to ambient temperature I heating it to 100 degrees adding a new tray of ice and once u added the cheese increased temp to 150 and smoking for 40 mins adding wet hickory chips two times. Can't wait to try it

hspli910

I think you went a little too high with your temps.  I usually smoke mine just once for about 4 hours or so,  between 60* - 80*

Too high of temps will change the cheese texture.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky