Smoking Bacon for the first time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

schooter

Original poster
May 19, 2017
West Central Wisconsin
I just bought a whole hog and will have it processed. I am going to be making smoked bacon. I was am looking for advice on the how do to do so. All advice is appreciated.  I have a 40 inch Masterbuilt propane smoker. I have never cured any meat before, so this should be interesting.  Thank!

Search Bacon and start reading. There is Brine Cured Bacon, Dry Cured Bacon, search these terms too. Then there are thousands of flavoring variations from plain old Smoked Bacon to Maple Flavored with Syrup, Molasses, Honey, Apple Wood Smoked, Hickory Smoked, Hot Smoked, Cold Smoked, Brown Sugar Cured, Maple Sugar Cured, Morton Tender Quick Cured, Cure #1/Prague Powder/Pink Salt Cured, Black Pepper, Red Pepper, on and on...JJ

I just bought a whole hog and will have it processed. I am going to be making smoked bacon. I was am looking for advice on the how do to do so. All advice is appreciated.  I have a 40 inch Masterbuilt propane smoker. I have never cured any meat before, so this should be interesting.  Thank!
Hi there Schooter.

I smoked my first bit of bacon earlier this year.  Actually I now have done about a total of 21 pounds across 2 smokes (well 3 technically).

I did a big long detailed writeup on my first smoke that covered a lot of questions I had that I could not really find definite answers on.  Check it out here and I hope it helps.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/...ng-some-bacon-mysteries-solved-qview-included

Best of luck!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky