Smoking a Bottom Round

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
If i want to do a complete smoke with a bottom round what internal temp should I bring it up to if i want to shred it?
If i want to do a complete smoke with a bottom round what internal temp should I bring it up to if i want to shred it?

I smoke mine to 197 and Cut to half inch slices against the grain. The slices will shred easily but I pull apart to small chunks that add body but melt nicely when being devoured. Very Important... I smoke it in a small pan and reserve the juices as a lean roast needs the juices added back in or it will be slightly dry. This turns out delicious and I will never smoke a roast to “Slice Thinly” temps again! Another Important note; Anything smoked over 170* will “Stall” around 165* as a small fiber roast. This stall can last for 4-6 hours so a 3# round roast can take longer to smoke than an 8# brisquet. I get around this by Souv vide method. 6 hours at 200* Saturday afternoon, fridge overnight and smoke for 6 hours Sunday afternoon to reheat and bark up. I just saved you from extreme anguish there! Lol. Remember to reserve the juices!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky