SMOKIN-IT SMOKER

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks great Wolfpack!  So does food with a smoke ring taste better or just look better?

Looks only... Ribs and brisket are the only things I smoke where the ring adds a nice touch to the presentation. Having the chip tray insert cuts down on charcoal and wood ash dropping into the base of the smoker.

@Hooked, you got 12 racks into a #2?! I just ordered a #3 with an extra grill with the hopes of being able to do 10!

All at once? :icon_eek: Got any q-view of that thing loaded up with all of that in it?

I only wish I could have fit it all in all at one time...sorry--I should have clarified. I smoked the Ribs first--two loads starting very early in the a.m., immediately followed by the pork shoulders--popped the pork shoulders in at 5:00 p.m. I set the maverick to desired temp and went to bed at about 10 p.m. The alarm on the maverick went off at 5 a.m. -- exactly 12 hours of cooking time for the pork. Yes, it was a smoking marathon, at least for me!

Ready to pull the trigger on a #1 with the stand and cover. Been looking around for quite a while, and I think this is the best choice for me. A little more than I was looking to spend, but at the end of the day you get what you pay for. I think I'll be doing a lot more smoking in the future with my Smokin-It. Thanks for all the tips everyone, I'm excited to get smokin!

Reactions: wolfpackpilot
My Smoker is being delivered today! Ordered Sunday, delivered on Wednesday with FedEx Ground. That is so fast, that I am actually still out of town! Hope my wife will be home to sign for it if the require a signature. Really excited now.

My #2 with stand is on the truck for delivery today also ;)
I talked to Steve, he said no Sig required.
I orderd Monday nite 7:50pm , but Im also in IL, maybe 200 miles away....
Needless to say, I'll be smokin-it ;)
Gene

Reactions: suya
My Smoker is being delivered today! Ordered Sunday, delivered on Wednesday with FedEx Ground. That is so fast, that I am actually still out of town! Hope my wife will be home to sign for it if the require a signature. Really excited now.

My #2 with stand is on the truck for delivery today also ;)
I talked to Steve, he said no Sig required.
I orderd Monday nite 7:50pm , but Im also in IL, maybe 200 miles away....
Needless to say, I'll be smokin-it ;)
Gene

Gene & Suya... Can't wait to hear what you two will be smokin in your new Smokin-it smokers! You'll have to keep us all posted.

Last night I smoked a chicken and smoked a big batch of what I call 'Firecracker Veggies' in one of my favorite cast iron pots (zucchini, summer squash, mushrooms, red & green bell pepper, sweet onions and potato). Turned out more than FANTASTIC--YUM! I smoked the veggies using apple wood with a bit of pecan at 225 for about 5 hours! See pics of before and after. The chicken turned out excellent as well. I flashed the skin on the infrared burner of my grill for about four minutes to crisp the skin. AWESOME!

VEGGIES BEFORE SMOKING:

AFTER:

CHICKEN:

Have you seen Smokin-it's new Jerky dryer? I just got mine, haven't used it yet but it seems pretty cool. The main function is for making Jerky but I think it will be great for creating more airflow for electric smokers. I always had a problem with air flow for my AMNPS, I think this will take care of any air flow issues, may work on any electric smokers? Gonna try it out this weekend, will post an up date. 

Have you seen Smokin-it's new Jerky dryer? I just got mine, haven't used it yet but it seems pretty cool. The main function is for making Jerky but I think it will be great for creating more airflow for electric smokers. I always had a problem with air flow for my AMNPS, I think this will take care of any air flow issues, may work on any electric smokers? Gonna try it out this weekend, will post an up date. 

Love to see if you still get good enough smoke with that fan on, standing by!

Love to see if you still get good enough smoke with that fan on, standing by!
X2 on that....I loaded my AMNS with 3 rows but it went out after burning off 2 rows. Not bad....not great. Glad to see so many NEW Smokin-It owners awaiting delivery. Just a reminder there is now a Smokin It group here on the SMF to join and plz join the member ranks on the Smokin-It websites forum as well. This unit is really taking off....enjoy and post your q-views using the BIG photo size....thanks

I just use a bilge fan over the exhaust hole. Much cheaper solution, just not quite as pretty.

I've got to agree with Chef Willie regarding joining the Smokin-it User Group here at SMF and also joining in on the forum over at Smokin-it.  These smokers are getting popular, more so each day.  And for good reason.

In case you all were wondering, I got it!

Kind of bitter sweet for me because I am a victim of poor timing. First the smoker shows up much faster than I expected and I was out of town, then I come home excited to use it this weekend only to remember that my daughter is going to State for powerlifting, and we won't be home this weekend. Meetings out of town next week ...
icon_cry.gif
 So, for now to give myself some sense of accomplishment, I am seasoning the smoker. Thats not much, but, its something.

I do want to share something that might help others in deciding which one to get. The Smokin-It smokers all look small in the their pictures primarily because they are deep rather than wide (Like the MES). I got the Model #3 because I have a couple of parties in mind and my friends can eat!

With that in mind, attached is a pictures of one of the grills from the Model #3 with some ribs on it. This is one of those packs of three you get from Sam's so if you look closely, you will notice that it is actually a bit longer than individual racks are. The Model #3 comes with 4 grills but can fit 5. I bought an extra one so I will be able to fit 10 uncut racks in there comfortably. 

As to the build quality of this thing, there isn't much I can say that hasn't been said but let me make an analogy. I was going to use cars, but I'll keep it in the kitchen. When you go to Target and buy a Sunbeam mixer (MES) so you can make pancakes on Sundays or brownies for the occational bake sale, you know exactly what you are getting, and there are no surprises two years down the line when you have to get a new one. But when you pony up and buy the KitchenAid mixer, and you pick it up and feel the heft and build quality, you get it home and expect to pass it on to your kids years later. That is how the Smokin-It smoker feels. It is going to last for years.

Reactions: wolfpackpilot
In case you all were wondering, I got it!

Kind of bitter sweet for me because I am a victim of poor timing. First the smoker shows up much faster than I expected and I was out of town, then I come home excited to use it this weekend only to remember that my daughter is going to State for powerlifting, and we won't be home this weekend. Meetings out of town next week ...
icon_cry.gif
 So, for now to give myself some sense of accomplishment, I am seasoning the smoker. Thats not much, but, its something.

I do want to share something that might help others in deciding which one to get. The Smokin-It smokers all look small in the their pictures primarily because they are deep rather than wide (Like the MES). I got the Model #3 because I have a couple of parties in mind and my friends can eat!

With that in mind, attached is a pictures of one of the grills from the Model #3 with some ribs on it. This is one of those packs of three you get from Sam's so if you look closely, you will notice that it is actually a bit longer than individual racks are. The Model #3 comes with 4 grills but can fit 5. I bought an extra one so I will be able to fit 10 uncut racks in there comfortably. 

As to the build quality of this thing, there isn't much I can say that hasn't been said but let me make an analogy. I was going to use cars, but I'll keep it in the kitchen. When you go to Target and buy a Sunbeam mixer (MES) so you can make pancakes on Sundays or brownies for the occational bake sale, you know exactly what you are getting, and there are no surprises two years down the line when you have to get a new one. But when you pony up and buy the KitchenAid mixer, and you pick it up and feel the heft and build quality, you get it home and expect to pass it on to your kids years later. That is how the Smokin-It smoker feels. It is going to last for years.
Can your ribs fit standing up on each shelf, if you were to use rib racks? If so, you could fit more slabs and allow for more airflow between them I have only found one rib rack that does allow for more airflow, though.

Can your ribs fit standing up on each shelf, if you were to use rib racks? If so, you could fit more slabs and allow for more airflow between them I have only found one rib rack that does allow for more airflow, though.
I use these in my No.1 and they work pretty well. They seem to work best with half racks of ribs. But each rib rack can hold 4-5 half racks.

Reactions: 1stlink
Needing some advise on what extras to add when I purchase my #1. Looking at the chip insert and seafood rack. Is it worth adding these or is it easier to do homemade versions of these accessories? Thanks for any advise everyone.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky