Smokin it #1 baby back ribs - 250

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jond36

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 27, 2012
SOCAL
Forgot to mention that is Gentlemens Jack mixed with tbe sauce.:beercheer:

Ribs are cooked without foil at 250 for 4 hrs

Also I am experimenting with saucing and mopping. Sauced one rack from the start and then again every 15 mins the last hour. The other rack is only sauced last 15 mins.

More to come....

After 4 hrs unfortunately they were not done. The IT was 175 but what the heck? I ate one anyhow. They were not as bad as I thought. Alot of pull but bone still ended clean. The rest are on the smoker until 195.

The best part of that one brat I threw on. I know it only takes an hour but I left it on for 2 hrs. IT was 195. A tad too hot but still tasted fine.

Just one glaze

About 5 or so glazes. I would not try it again. IMO it steals flavor away from rub. It also looked like it began to brush the rub off.

All in all not a bad cook.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky