Smoker or Dehydrator??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well I guess I must bare my soul and fess up.  I use a dehydrator for jerky and dare I say a little of the liqued stuff for smoke flavor in my jerky.  Ok crucify me!  LOL
hit.gif

I did the smoker then dehydrator combo 2 weekends ago with some "London Broil" (I know that's a cooking method and not a cut of meat, but I'm not sure which cut it was - Top round maybe?).

I hung the cured, marinated and sliced pieces on toothpicks between the slats on the top grate of my WSM and used about 6 pieces of BB Kingsford and the smallest slivers of pecan wood I could find.  There were left on there for about 3 hours then into the dehydrator for about 5 hours or so.  They turned out fantastic.

I am a dehydrator fan myself .. I use liq smoke in my jerky and then dry it till it snaps like a twig ...I love it chewy ..and  lol I dont eat it as fast ...oh  and Im a noob here so could someone tell me what a GOSM is ?

Thanks

I have never gone the smoking method. Ever since making my own jerky recipes, I've always used a Nesco dehydrator. By this point, I've gotten very comfortable with it and seems very easy to use and clean up after. I started a craft jerky site to promote my brand of jerky flavors since being well received by friends and family. Perhaps one day I will try smoking and see the difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use my dehydrator a lot !!!!   drying vegetables, fruits,herbs and spices...  I could use my MES without smoke...  I can control the heat from close to ambient upward...   but the dehydrator is fan forced and so easy to use the MES is out of the question....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky